It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

lrana57 HB User
Herpes on hand

I've had outbreaks on my left hand, generally on the wrist area and palm of the hand for about 20 years. I was tested about 16 years ago and the test was negative for herpes (doctor took fluid from a vesicle). Recently I had a blood test and was told it was positive for Herpes. Don't know what type ( 1 or 2). Have been married for 16 years and my husband doesn't have it or rather has never had symptoms. Was given Valtrex and it made me sick at the stomach. Took it only 3 days because I couldn't tolerate it. Went back to taking Lysine (over the counter supplement) when I get an outbreak and that has really helped. No outbreaks for several months.
Anyone you know of ever had it in a strange place like the hand? I've also had genital outbreaks but very few and not in years.
Sometime it comes up when I'm about to have my period. Strange. I get a tingly itchy place on my left hand and sometimes a headache. Sound familiar to anyone?

Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 AM   #2
(female)

1debz HB User
Re: Herpes on hand

Hi Irana
I also have herpes on my hand. I have been gettin it for about 15 years now and usually have an outbreak once yearly. Sunbathing is usually one of the triggers for me, I live in the Uk and only get hot weather for a few months each year and it always occurs in this period. The blister always appears right smack middle of my right palm and is always really painful, the last attack resulted in blood poisening too!
I sympathise with u but at least I know im not on my own anymore!
Debx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

My mother does not have genital herpes, but has had the typical oral herpes cold sore kind of thing. It always occured at her mouth, but in the past year she has had it twice on her inner wrist. She has no idea why it happens there either. I bought her some carmex and it is a clear ointment which cools the burning and offers relief. Another good thing for cold sores is to apply the old fashioned type of white tooth paste. It will dry on the sore and wont wash off till you use water. It takes away the burning etc.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
(male)

jacoby HB User

I was wondering can you pass herpes from your mouth to your genitals or the other way around?

Old 07-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
(female)

saragirl HB User

You can pass herpes from your mouth to the genitals and vice versa. It is not as common to find HSV 2 on the mouth but certainly possible. If you have cold sores you should not participate in oral sex during an outbreak.

Closed Thread