It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

lysineuser HB User
What are some of the excuses people use to hide their herpes?

I know to most people it is like "Oh my god, I have hepes". Most people make up these lame excuses to hide their herpes. I just thought we can share and get a good laugh from this instead of worrying about a virus as harmless as herpes (in my opinion)

Here is one I have heard -I went to dunkin donuts and the coffee was too hot so it burned my lip.

Another one is that-The sex was too dry so it irritated my penis.

Or- it is just a pimple.

Please share some of the excuses that you have heard from people who try to hide their herpes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
(male)

beej HB User
Re: What are some of the excuses people use to hide their herpes?

ive never had an outbreak, i have type 2... if i did have an OB, i would say its simply a pimple. as disguisting as it sounds, i have found a couple of real pimples down there

another one i would use: ingrown hairs :P lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Well after reading these forums for a while now...all the excuses you can think of have been used by people right here trying to explain away their herpes so believe it or not...people really do believe that their symptoms are all those things that people use as excuses. My BF thought his was a "friction burn" from sex...I believe that he really did think that's what it was and as I told him...well I didn't think it was herpes either so I'm just as guilty for not recognizing it. He feels so stupid that he didn't know what it was and very guilty for giving it to me!!!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
(female)

1 girl HB User

What's even worse than making an excuse is having many doctors telll you it's not herpes only to have a blood test confirm you do. I've seen doctors call it folliculitus, pimples ingrown hairs, low immune system, and don't forget yeast infection anything but a true diagnosis. The doctors actually had me believing I didn't have it. the lab suggested otherwise.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

lysineuser HB User

I think it is time we come to terms with this virus and know that it will forever be a part of us. We should all stop hiding/making up excuses for our virus. Let's embrace it like we embrace the common cold. When you are sneezing and coughing, you don't make up an excuse for having the common cold. We all admit to having a cold which is a virus why can't we admit to having a virus as common as HERPES.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

It's crazy how there's such a stigma attached to catching herpes...it's like "OH MY GOD......YOU'VE HAD......oh please don't say....YOU'VE HAD....*gasps*.....SEX?!!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!" What I think it's time for is for people to get real and admit that they don't wait until they get married to have sex...I mean really...who does? One in a thousand?

Last edited by keepsgoin; 07-28-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #7
(female)

lysineuser HB User

I agree with you Keepsongoing. I want to end that stigma but I am only one person. I am not going to lie to anyone but I use to say mean things about people who caught herpes because I was not educated enough on the issue. I had not clue what herpes was until I got HSV1. I am not sure how I got it nor do I care. Herpes is part of me! I wish people would see that herpes is harmless and will not kill you. To me, it was like having a cut on my lip. I was fortunate enough to have a small sore for my first and only outbreak (knock on wood). Please share your thoughts..

Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
(male)

cantelopecat HB User

For those people who are great in long term relationships, herpes is not bad. If you enjoy more one night hookups, like myself, than herpes is awful. It pretty much ruins your ability to have them. Like, what, you bring a girl back from a bar and say, oh by the way, you'll probably catch herpes from me if we have sex. I bet that'd go over well.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
(female)

lysineuser HB User

This question is for cantelopecat... What if you were in the middle of an outbreak and the girl insisted that she wanted to come home with you, what would you say to her? If you do let her come back (during an outbreak) what excuse would you use to hide your herpes? Have you ever tried to hide your herpes? Many of the people out there told a lie to hide their herpes at one point or another, and I am curious as to what that lie was.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:04 AM   #10
(male)

cantelopecat HB User

All I'm saying is, the following:
If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend and the two of you really like each other, and are at the point where herpes would not even make a difference, then who cares?

If a person likes you that much that they can look past the fact you have herpes, then big deal. But what I'm saying, is, one night stands, which I love and enjoy, cannot occur once you've been diagnosed with genital herpes. If you are planning to hook up with a person, and don't expect much else after that, then genital herpes screws you over. It is a big thing to talk about with you "partner", but if the "partner" is only someone who is going to last a night, you're screwed.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:48 AM   #11
(female)

lysineuser HB User

Cantelopecat you have not really answered my questions. I really would like to know what have you done/would do in these situations. Please read it carefully and answer each question. Thank you!

What if you were in the middle of an outbreak and the girl insisted that she wanted to come home with you, what would you say to her? If you do let her come back (during an outbreak) what excuse would you use to hide your herpes? Have you ever tried to hide your herpes? Many of the people out there told a lie to hide their herpes at one point or another, and I am curious as to what that lie was.

PS. I know you are saying you can't have one night stands any more, but I know you have needs so...

Old 08-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #12
(male)

cantelopecat HB User

I don't know...you're asking me for an excuse of why I wouldn't be able to have sex? Well, maybe I'd say I wanna take things slower...or that I have feelings for an old girlfriend still. I dunno. My life sucked before I contracted herpes and it's going on a steady downward slope since I got it.

You have to tell everyone you have sex with that you have it, and it's possibly that they will ***** you around and tell other people. So now, you can't have sex with anyone that you don't completely trust, and even then you could still get screwed over. I just wanna pulverize the girl who gave it to me, that *****. There's no point in letting it get me now, but my sex life and good looks were wasted before I could even enjoy them properly.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #13
(male)

cantelopecat HB User

No, I haven't hid mine before, if by that you mean have sex with a girl now that I'm aware I have it.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
(female)

lysineuser HB User

Well there, I honestly believe that if people(couples) can accept their partners who are HIV+ then there are people out there who can accept your HSV+ stateus. HSV is more prevalent than HIV so there are a lot of people out there with it so you definitely have a chance on hooking up with someone who already has it. You should try the herpes dating boards, and I am sure there is a Herpes hook up board. So take those good looks and have fun. HERPES IS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE IT OUT TO BE! GOOD LUCK.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #15
(male)

azerty123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysineuser
Well there, I honestly believe that if people(couples) can accept their partners who are HIV+ then there are people out there who can accept your HSV+ stateus.
This is true. I am HSV- and dated a woman who had recurring genital herpes attacks for the whole 18 months we were together. It was a joint challenge, something to share and work through together. HSV was not a factor in our breaking up.

Closed Thread