It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
(female)

urethafranklin HB User
Scared,in pain and angry

Hi everyone!I'm new to this forum but very glad it exists

here goes.........I visited my GP as I was experiencing typical thrush symptoms ie itchiness and creamy/white discharge so was given the canesten combi.5 days later I was back at the surgery ,still complaining and in alot of discomfort.I was then given a single swab test and a stronger prescription for thrush.

A few days later surgery called me to say I had a strep infection and was treated accordingly,that's 8 penicillin a day! I felt awful and no matter how I tried to tell myself I was feeling better I couldn't avoid the tiny red spots appearing on my genitals nor the agonising pain of simply having a pee.So again I end up in surgery and having an internal (most excruciating).My GP told me it didnt seem like Herpes but referred me to hospital on the same day where I had yet another internal,3 swabs and was told by the registrar that it looked like herpes

Have been taking a course of Aciclovir for 5 days now and although the initial pain has definately eased,the lesions seem to be spreading out I journeyed back to hospital yesterday and waited for an hour to get my results,only to be told 2 of the swabs came back fine but 1(the one tested for HSV2) hadn't come back yet!In all I've had this outbreak for 20 days so far.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or has any advice or information regarding this.I'm feeling pretty low,stressed and confused at the moment not to mention the scared,in pain and angry as this thread is titled.Any help much appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: Scared,in pain and angry

My first OB lasted at least 2 months...about 2 weeks started out as painful urination. Had a dull headache...but I thought I had a UTI at first...then came the sores. The sores started out as bumps and about 2 weeks later turned into a cluster of a blistery rash very similar in appearance to a rash of poison ivy. Really though...it was almost as if I was in a constant OB for about 6 months but a few days here and there feeling almost OB free. The painful urination at first is a very common first symptom...luckily I only had that come back less severe one time after my first OB...Thank goodness because it was horrible!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
(female)

urethafranklin HB User

6 months,how awful!

Well I guess I have to thank you for letting me know what I could be in for because the DRs didn't.Guess I've gotta start taking care of my diet and things.Don't know how to cope with this

Old 08-16-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I wish I could offer some insightful words of how to cope but each time I have an OB or start to have one...I feel like my life's been stolen from me and ruined by herpes. Thankfully herpes has stopped ruling my life...I haven't had an ob is several months. I will start to feel one coming on but it fades away so hopefully my body is finally built up the antibodies to fight off this crap! I want to scream when I think about how the ignorant people view herpes as it's something dirty...I was married for 24 years and have only been with 2 men in 25 years!!!!!!!!! I know that if it was that easy for me to get herpes...certainly people that have sex with multiple partners must have it too but are just asymptomatic. I wish that the clinics would start to include herpes tests in the std screening and maybe when millions realize they have it too and were judging people for having it...then maybe the stigma will be removed. But until people realize how common it is then it's not going to change...I've even heard people compare spreading hsv and hpv to spreading HIV...the ignorance is just unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 08-16-2006 at 05:35 AM.

Closed Thread