It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

CloudySkies HB User
Lesion/sore - anal area...how is this possible?

I'm so confused...don't know what my body is doing??

I had posted a thread last week asking if it's normal to have another o/b so soon after the initial one. I was told yes it can definitely happen. However, the recurrent o/b I made reference to seems to be worse now.....

When I had my first (initial o/b) just over a month ago, I did not have sores on the anal/rectal area. I did have a few sores in the area between the vaginal opening and anus, but not on the anal opening itself.

That said, I had the recurrent o/b I just made reference of about 10 days ago, with two blisters appearing just outside the vaginal area in the same spot the very first sores appeared during my intial o/b last month. These two blisters are now almost entirely healed and gone. I had no pain or discomfort with them accept for the 1st day that they broke out. I took my first dose of Valtrex about 12 hrs or so after the blisters appeared - it was a prescription for a recurrent o/b for 3 days.

However, about 6 days ago (after the completion of the Valtrex prescrip.) I began having kind of a burning sensation around the anal area, almost felt like I had a rash or something, plus there was a wee bit of redness but I couldn't see anything when I checked (i.e. sores/blisters). I thought, well it can't be herpes rash/lesion because I didn't even have anal sex!! I'm careful when I'm wiping and even more so as I had the two blisters that broke open and were starting the healing process, so I've been very careful...and figured it couldn't be a herpes rash or lesion (plus I didn't break out in that area the first time).

Then 4 days ago it started stinging more and was getting worse rather than better....then last night after going to the bathroom, again the stinging burning sensation was worse and there was a little blood on the TP. I checked the area again and as of last night there did seem to be one (possibly two) little open sore(s) right at the anal opening. I thought maybe it was a fischer or something to do with hemorrhoids (sp?). Though I've never had a painful burning sensation like this before. The one sore that I can see for sure is rather small and it's definitely not a blister.

Could this be from the herpes and if so, why am I getting a sore/lesion there now when it wasn't there during the first o/b? And why would I get a sore there when I took Valtrex for 3 days? Plus, I don't have anal sex...never have! And the two blisters that appeared are almost entirely healed and gone, yet I end up with a sore on the anal area that doesn't become bothersome until 3-4 days after I finish the Valtrex prescription. Is this part of the same o/b from the weekend before last or is this a different one again....and already?!! How can that be...that would mean I had another o/b/ before the blisters were even healed and gone, is that possible?

I hate this!! I was beginning to feel better about things after finding out I have this virus (it's only been approx. 6 weeks for crying out loud). I'm dealing with it the best I can.....but it's not going so well these past couple days.

Even after my recurrent o/b that started 10 days ago, I was still feeling positive. Now my spirits are down, way down. Plus I'm trying to fight off a cold that I was hit with this past Friday, on top of it all!! What ever is goin on in that "area", I'm in pain and don't know what to do to relieve this pain? If it is a herpes lesion, I just don't know why it's not healing or feeling better yet???....it starting burning about 6 days ago already and it's worse, not better....

Last edited by CloudySkies; 09-26-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: Lesion/sore - anal area...how is this possible?

All that sounds just like the wonderful curse of herpes! Nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. You will probably continue to have herpes pop up in strange places for a while(probably until your body has more antibodies built up)...anywhere in the "boxer shorts" area is normal and I even have it on the side of my buttocks, my wrist and inbetween my fingers on the webbing. Around the anus is very common...no anal sex has to occur. You will bread out in places that your didn't necessarily ever touch. Sometimes I will have places that will hurt and ache and itch but only just a tiny sore will come of it...a sore almost invisible. Having it pop up on the anus is bad because you will have to wipe that area and that will irritate the lesions making it take longer to heal.

Closed Thread