It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

maryland87 HB User
What vitamins should I be taking and do they really work?

I just wanna know if takin these vitamins is actually gonna help me? I mean I first was diganosed with herpes I took every vitamin they said to take since then I have stopped some of them and now recently started back up taking them. I haven't noticed anything different. So my main question is do they really help with outbreaks and what is the best thing to take?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
(female)

Minnow HB User
Smile Re: What vitamins should I be taking and do they really work?

Hello. Lysine (amino acid) as a preventative and to reduce duration of cold sores / outbreaks (max 3000mg per day according to Berkerley Uni study - more than that has no additional benefit); herbal Lemon Balm extract (botanicall name is "melissa ???" cream) especially on first infection to ensure virus doesn't spread to new skin cells, Vit C power to help immunity and healing time (drink it and apply to sore so it heals faster) and zinc (apply liquid zinc to sore to inhibit replication of the virus and speed up healing time; you can also take zinc supplements but don't overdose. Too much can make you ill). Also reduce consumption of foods high in the amino acid arginine - garlic, chocolate, onion etc. Increase consumption of foods high in lysine - dairy, turkey, chicken, greens etc and chill out!! keep stress levels down, get plenty of sleep, don't miss meals and keep your body healthy! Virus attacks when your immunity is low. hope that helps. PS - I went for two years without a cold sore when I was being "good" about all this. Might help for downstairs OBs as well???? Oh and if you get cold sores keep your lips lubbed up - don't let them get chapped or sunburnt

Last edited by Minnow; 02-12-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread