It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

who?me HB User
Unhappy Has Anyone Given Hsv To Toddlers Via Facial Herpes

I was diagosed with hsv 1 and 2 last in Jan. I am terified of passing this to my daughter b/c I think I had a H on my nose and eye. and now those paper looking cuts on my fingers.(but i did not cut myself). Does anyone have any exp. with passing either 1 or 2 to toddlers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: Has Anyone Given Hsv To Toddlers Via Facial Herpes

Well usually kids get cold sores (hsv 1) from their parents or a family member. But YEAH, you certainly want to be careful because it spreads easily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

who?me HB User

Thanks for the reply Keepsongoin. Every since I found out about this, passing it on to my daughter has been my main concern. I'm hopeful to have a special someone someday but that is the least of my concerns. I know cold sores are easliy passed to children, but all this additional stuff like paper looking cuts and facial herpes on my nose (is makin me scared to kiss or touch my daughter since i dont' know if it's 1 or 2 causing these outbreaks.

Anyhow, I was one of those who was misdiagnosed for a year before I visted a gyn that suggested it might be herpes. I kept having these weird discharges and some ithciness then finlally noticed what seemed to be an insect bite on ********. My butt and legs would ache so I checked it out and there it was. Didn't trip though I thought it was a hemroid! Then a month later same thing. So I went to see the gyn but of course nothing was there, so she swabbed me and sent me on my way. I was devistated at her suggestion b/c "I had never ever thought I could have herpes.(hince the name who?me)
During the time I was waiting for the results I searched sites like this and decided I probably did have herpes. Then the test came back negative. I had to call her and ask if I could have a blood test. Then the results were postive. I say all that to vent about what I feel is failure in the health care industry when it comes to HSV,HPV, HIV.(I'm in the healthcare proffession) When you go in with these symptoms over 4 to 5 times, such as my self, and are unaware of how these things affect your body, it is a doctors job to say OH! eureka herpes is not just severe blistering the way some people think, it is a master of disguise let me test you. Now I know that it was my responsibility to protect my sexual health, but after someone has visited a doctor six times in a year, and finally has to go see gyn to wait for swab results, then still have to call that same gyn to get a blood test, is a bit much. HSV,HPV, and HIV should be a part of the exam when someone is coming to a doctor for possible STD's. Had to get that off my chest thanks for listening. And thanks to everyone on this site for there helpful suggestions.:

Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I would say that you should be very careful with having those lesions on your fingers and keep a bandage over them and maybe even get a box of those cheap gloves if you will be doing any major touching you and put them on. Ya know! What I've found with those &%^(%$ lesions that pop up on your body and hands and face is that they seem like they take absolutely forever to go away and then you think they are healing and they'll flair back up again....it's maddening! Try some Zinc cream...you can get one that's 20% zinc at Walmart...this does seem like it heals them.

If you stick around these boards and start helping out and reading questions and answering, you will see how many people go to the doctor and the blasted doctors are just clueless! Shouldn't doctors be able to listen to symptoms and deduce from the patients symptoms at least some things to check for. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people walking around thinking they are herpes free because a doctor told them to not worry about it...it was probably just nothing but irritation or whatever...anything except herpes.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
(female)

dghterofchrist HB User

I was reading your post, and I just wanted to let you know that herpes can be passed from like cold sores on the mouth to a child's genitals. This is what happened to me, at about the age of 4 moths old. I am now almost 23 years old. I was being taken care of by a baby sitter that had fever blisters and must have touched an open outbreak on her mouth before changing my diaper, hence transferring them to me. I was told that my first outbreak was all over my body, including my hands and like the bottoms of my feet and such. Today, I only ever get them in the genital area, both front and back.

All of this has been very hard for me, because to this day I do not know if I have type 1 or 2. Doctors seem so hesitant to test things. I have just been told I have herpes. And unfortunately, when I have an outbreak that could be tested, it usually falls on the weekends when doctors are not there. My biggest struggle is because nothing seems to work for me. I have literally tried every medication out there from creams, to daily pills, to pills taken only when outbreaks occur. I have tried all kinds from Famvir to Valtrex to all the generic brands. Nothing seems to work for me. With my situation and not being able to find something that works for me, I would be curious to know if I actually had type 1 or 2. Unfortunately, doctors seem to just ignore my requests. It's like they look at you and say you have herpes, what more do you want? I also feel it is very frustrating that after at least 22 years for me, no one has come up with that great of help. I feel like people ignore herpes when it comes to medical research because it is not a life threatening disease! So I understand completely where you are coming with about doctors not being very helpful.

I have never heard of people usually having an outbreak on their face besides the mouth, so that is new to me. I would just suggest being very careful around your child. When she is old enough, maybe explain some that you can't say kiss her on the face at times, because you don't want to pass your virus to her. It doesn't have to be detailed, but so she knows that you love her, but don't want her to also end up with the virus you have. Hope that helps some.

Last edited by dghterofchrist; 03-05-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
(female)

Stanee HB User
Unhappy Re: Has Anyone Given Hsv To Toddlers Via Facial Herpes

It is possible to spread herpes to any body part including the face. My friend had an outbreak on his face but we thought it was acne he rubbed his face against mine and a couple hours later I woke up with an outbreak on my right cheek and this happened three weeks ago and it hasn't went away yet. I kissed someone before and I didn't have any cold sores that was present and I still spread it just by kissing. So you can spread herpes really quick even if you have no sign of symptoms, so be very careful around your baby!

Closed Thread