It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
(female)

Worriedfemale1 HB User
Long Cuts on Vagina or Crease

Hi

For the past week I have had a big long cut up one side of my vagina (on the inside part)which starts from the bottom where my rectal area is and goes up to just about the top of my vagina. I have shown my boyfriend and he said it looks more like a crease in the skin more than anything. For the last few days I have had a vaginal itch which I only get when I stress out and am worried and then I scratch like mad. Ive had about 3 blood tests for herpes and all came back negative. Do you think it is just from scratching? The crease has been there for about a week or so now.

Please advise

The following user gives a hug of support to Worriedfemale1:
magnoliasnwinte (01-31-2011)
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
(female)

Lotuslilgrl HB User
Re: Long Cuts on Vagina or Crease

My opinion, i highly doubt it's anything but a rash, but the only way to tell is through a swab on the sore area. I don't think it sounds like Herpes. Herpes "usually" looks like a blister/sore. You can see it. but eeveryone is different. I'm not a DR. A Dr can only be sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

In actual fact herpes appearances can range from a bit of redness at your vaginal area to paper cut-like vertical line/s or one small blister or a tiny cluster of blisters or a red rash-like appearance and it can be anywhere from the inside to the outside of your vaginal area, on the inner/outer area of your labia and even your anal area, while some others have had it on the thigh, lower back or cheek area of their bottom.

Those pictures you see on the net are worst case senarios and on average most people don't get it like that and i have even read that those net pics of the worst case senarios are usually people who are suffering with HIV and have a very low immune system.

You could simply have a yeast infection, but people itch from herpes too. As you have had blood tests for herpes there is a good chance it might not be herpes, but blood tests have been known to come up with false negatives.

If it is yeast, you ought to treat yourself for it and get your partner treated too, as once you are recovered he can simply pass it back to you if he is not treated. He wont need tablets, only a yeast type external cream to apply for however long it says on the packaging. Actually guys should apply it a few times per day as each time they go to pee most of the medication would get wiped off.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

kessa HB User

I have had the cut thing in crease before. Wasn't herpes. It was a fungel thing and i used nystatin and it cleared up. I use sensitive skin wash for females and that has also helped to keep it from reoccuring. Sometimes if your hormones change you can also get thinner skin around vagina and it will split the skin. I know its not fun. Keep it clean and be careful when you wipe.

The Following User Says Thank You to kessa For This Useful Post:
iaintno (06-22-2012)
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #5
(female)

Worriedfemale1 HB User

Hi

I went to see the doctor, and she clearly said it wasn't herpes.
Just a severe yeast infection.

Was 9 months now since possible infection, which was very unlikely. I have had 3 blood tests with negative results and had no symptoms, going back for another test in 3 weeks. Do you think I will be ok? As its been on my mind for the past 9 months and I don't have a life.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #6
(female)

safaribell HB User

You'll be fine. What a bunch of worry, huh? Yes, after 9 months, I'd say you're 99.5% in the clear!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
(female)

kessa HB User

I really believe you will be alright. You have been given a second chance. Learn from the past and be safe in the future. You have come to know that it can happen and will unless caution isn't used.
kessa

Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
(female)

Worriedfemale1 HB User

Thanks very much for your responses.

All of the blood tests that I have had have come back as -

herpes type 1 - not detected

herpes type 2 - not detected

but the other test said

herpes simplex 1 and 2 - equivical?????

I don't know why it would say this, the doctor keeps sending me back all the time cause of the equivical result??

Can anyone please advise me???

Thank you

Old 03-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Hi Worried.......i'm not sure what they mean by that either.

I notice you are in Australia. The Sydney area has a number of sexual health clinics which are free of charge. I'm sure other states would have them too as they are funded by the government. I got so frustrated with my gp so i went to one of these clinics and that is the only place i go to now if i'm worried about my herpes or any other form of "downstairs" problem. The doctors there have been fantastic and they have counsellors too. Even when i've gone in to check whether i have a yeast or BV infection they do the test and in 5mins they are back with the results and then give me a prescription to get something for the infection which their chemist provides free of charge. Not sure how many times you get it for free, but i had a couple of bouts of BV a while back which took me a while to get rid of and i got medication free for that both times. They also gave me medication in case i ended up with a yeast infection after that, which once again was free of charge.

You could probably do a search on the net and i'm sure their details would come up and they can't just be in Sydney, i'd say it would be nationwide. I was worried about going to a sexual health clinic as i didn't know what to expect, thinking it might be full of who knows what sort of people, but everybody waiting there looked quite ordinary and i didn't feel uncomfortable at all and none of the staff pass judgement on you either.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
(female)

silkroad HB User

I had these cuts/lesions (looked like paper cuts) on my vulva area, mostly above my clitoris but sometimes longer down along the sides of my **** for months and months. They were painful and burned a lot, and they bothered the bejesus out of me. Before that I had had frequent yeast infections for YEARS. The yeast infections began after my GYN gave me a cream to treat a minor irritation due to tampon use (not a big deal, but I would advise not using tampons if you don't have to), which he knew would give me a yeast infection but it went untreated.

I tried all kinds of natural remedies and cut way back on my sugar and refined substances, even fruit, dairy and grains. It is not fun to live like that, let me tell you. Nothing completely cured the yeast infections, just made them less severe, and even a bite of a cookie could bring it back on. It was really miserable, I can completely relate to people who say they have no life. Then the cuts began to appear, usually without the typical yeast discharge, so I couldn't imagine what it could be. I went to a GYN who came recommended to me by the old one, and she tried to tell me it was herpes. Hey folks, this is probably NOT herpes. I was sexually active but I had been tested multiple times and was with one person for a long period of time, so I was very doubtful of this diagnosis.

I was frustrated with these GYNs not helping me, so I went to a local university health center and described the problem. The women's health doctor took a swab of the cuts for herpes testing and prescribed me a strong anti-yeast cream. The swab came back negative and I completed the cream treatment with NO recurrence of any symptoms since then. I looked on the internet to treat my problems for months and months and had a hard time finding someone whose problems were resolved, so I wanted to put mine out there.

I will also say that now I am seeing a licensed naturopathy doctor and doing some blood tests for thyroid problems and excess testosterone, which can lead to diabetes, hypertension, hair loss, acne, and a billion other problems. It has been suggested to me in the past by my first GYN that the constant yeast infections could be due to diabetes. I'm in my mid twenties and not especially overweight, so I always thought that odd, but I'm not discounting it anymore. My suggestion though, is to find a GYN who will listen to you and be more helpful than mine were -- but definitely GO to a doctor and get a prescription antifungal medication. You can also follow that up with Boric Acid suppositories, I am told, though I can't personally say I've tried them. Then you may want to see a holistic care or naturopathy doctor like I am, to check out whether your problems have a separate root cause. I was very surprised and pleased with mine - and this is coming from a skeptic. Best of luck to you all.

Closed Thread