It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User
Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Hi, I am new to this and I think this is such a wonderful site. I have read some stories and I am glad to know that I am not the only one going thru this. I tested positive for HSV type 2 in September of 2006. I was told by my doctor that I will have small outbreaks in the future and he prescribed me Valtrex. Since then I have had small outbreaks but I got another one in December, then again in the end of January and most recent about 3 weeks ago. I called the doctor and told him about my outbreaks and they asked me if I was going through alot of stress and I said yes. So BINGO! that was my answer. Since then I have not had any outbreaks but as I went to the doctors office I requested to take all kinds of STD tests (HPV,HIV,Syphillis,Chlamydia,Gonnorhea, Herpes (again) & Hepatitis C)

So they did some blood work on me a week ago and I am FREAKING OUT! I have been looking for early symptoms on HIV and I have had some in the past such as swollen glands ( I went to my Throat doctor and he told me I had Tonsillitis). I also read that Tonsillitis is an HIV Symptom but it's also a herpes symptom too. The reason why I am worried about it is that my ex husband constantly cheated on me and I don't know if he used protection with the other women. The last time I took an HIV test was when I was pregnant with my son in 2000. I have not had many partners (Can still count withone hand ) but I am just really worried if I do have HIV, I won't be able to see my children grow up. I know this sounds stupid but I can really use some advice. Has anyone ever had this problem and it came out negative? Please reply. THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Well there's an HIV test that takes 20 minutes. Too bad your clinic didn't use that so you'd know right away and not weeks! Scary! I made my husband take the test after I caught HSV from him...that was the scariest 20 minutes of my life! Luckily HSV is the only thing he has. Turns out he caught it from his cheating GF.

HSV does not turn into HIV period...end of story! It can be easier to get HIV if you have HSV 2 because you will have open sores "down there" that can help the HIV virus spread more easily. Sorry to hear of your cheating husband! That sucks! When someone cheats...not only do they hurt their spouse mentally but they risk catching a STD and spreading it to an innocent victim!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 04-24-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User

Yeah I know. My ex does not even know that I have it but I am 100% sure he gave it to me. He gave me chlamydia when I was pregnant with my son and he denied it for 3 years! When he knew I was going to the doctors he was acting freaked out and he even starting asking me questions like "Do you think you have something?" I was so ****** at him I felt like telling him that I have Herpes but instead I replied "Is there something you need to tell me" and he did not say anything. I also thought maybe my bf passed it to me because he showed no symptoms but we are still together and that's all it matters to me. So I just keep moving forward and not look back. I did however ask him last week when's the last time he took an HIV test and he told me it was a few months after we seperated and it was neg. I don't trust him because he will deny and deny until I have proof of him so I don't even bother. That's why I am freaked out

Last edited by stayingstrong06; 04-24-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal....I went thru the same thing too...when I first learnt I had herpes..I freaked also and got all the other STD tests done to see if I ahd been stricken with anything else as well.....

Tonsillitis by itself is not a sure shot sign of HIV ..infact the throat often gets inflamed in response to a wide variety of infectious agents so it cud be anything else too including just the herpes itself.
the tests u have ordered are the only sure way to tell what might be causing the symptom. I hope that u r getting the viral STD tests
(for herpes and HIV atleast) done atleast 3-4 months after ur last exposure to ur ex , since it takes the body atleast that much time to develop antibodies to these viral pathogens which are then detected by the STD tests. Any less time between ur exposure and the tests can yield false - negative results.( However, the bacterial STDS like gonhorrea, syphilis and chlamydia do not require this interval for testing. )

Last edited by stasis4; 04-25-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User

I seperated from my ex husband in January 2006 which was the last time we slept together. My boyfriend and I did not start getting intimate until October 2006. This is why I know it was my ex husband who gave me the herpes and I passed it on to my boyfriend. The last time I had an HIV test was in 2002. I am going to find out ALL my results today. I just keep thinking about it and now it has my boyfriend all freaked out

Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User
Talking Re: Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Hello everyone,

I finally received my results today. I am HIV negative! I am so relieved. However I just found out I have HPV. I am glad I took all these STD tests and HIV because my Pap Smear came out very normal and am HPV+ and I am still able to have more children. I just want to thank everyone who helped me cope with this. My bf is going to the docs today to do a FULL physical (STD,HIV,HPV,Body physical) to see if everything is ok with him. I also just recently found out that my best friends partner came out HIV+. He is a little nervous about himself so he is going to test. He really loves him and my best friend is such a caring person that when his bf went to test before he found out he still told him that they were going to stick it out together. I am glad I have caring friends sorrounding me. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #7
(female)

allherpes HB User

It just reported that: "Having genital herpes can increase the risk of being infected with HIV".

People who have genital herpes sores are more likely to be infected with HIV during intercourse.

Last edited by allherpes; 04-27-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User
Cool Re: Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allherpes View Post
It just reported that: "Having genital herpes can increase the risk of being infected with HIV".

People who have genital herpes sores are more likely to be infected with HIV during intercourse.
I read that too. I asked my doctor and she said that if your in monogamous relationship you decrease your chances. my bf went to the doc today to get a full physical. we both trust each other and are very against cheating on one another. I have never cheated on someone and neither has he

Closed Thread