It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

lily10 HB User
1st outbreak, anyone have it really bad?

I'm curious to hear others stories of their first outbreaks. I am having my first, but it's not going along to what I have been hearing that outbreaks are supposed to be like. I've had lots of testing to see if there is something else going on, but nothing so far and I do feel like I am getting better every day, so it has to be the herpes. I have HSV-2, both genital and oral and the blisters are mostly in my mouth instead of my lips which my GYN said can happen.

Basically the first symptom I noticed was tingling, but in my feet. I have also had tingling in areas where the blisters appeared and all tingling goes away after the blisters appear. I started having the tingling and also some dizziness first, maybe a few days to a week before the very first blister appeared. I was fine, didn't know it was HSV2, thought I just had a vaginal irritation. The second blister appeared about a week later. Then I went to the GYN and she took the culture and it was confirmed HSV-2 a few days later. It wasn't really that bad at first, just a couple blisters, not very painful, some tingling here and there and dizziness off and on. Then a blister in my mouth and also fever developed. This was over a week ago, I started Valtrex last Monday and I think it may be helping now. The fever actually went pretty high, not low grade like everything says and I completely lost my appetite and was in bed for about 4 days. The sores were nothing, there haven't even been many of them, unless I haven't noticed and they are fairly small and not too painful. The other symptoms were the worst so far and I have also had on and off nausea and my glands are a little swollen. I have heard that the blisters are the worst part, yet so far for me, all the other symptoms have been far worse. I have gotten my appetite back and the fever is slowly going down every day now, so I think I'm getting over this. I have heard that future outbreaks will not be as bad, and from what I understand the fever is from my body trying to fight this off, so I'm wondering if this will happen again and has anyone experienced a first outbreak similar that could tell me how future outbreaks have been and whether these symptoms will come with a second outbreak or is it just the blisters? I can handle the blisters, but I can't handle feeling like I can't even get out of bed in the morning.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: 1st outbreak, anyone have it really bad?

I don't see anything that's out of the ordinary with what you describe. My sickness was even worse than what you are having. I had terrible pain in my legs for weeks...urination was unbearable...oh it's a blast let me tell ya! I lucked out though because I didn't have the mouth symptoms but I had rashes all over my buttocks that itched so bad it was almost unbearable. What I have found that's helped me more than anything else is Tagamet or the generic of that. Take one pill(200mg) morning, one afternoon, one evening and 2 before you go to bed. It doesn't work for everyone but it absolutely works for me and it's cheap to try at only about $7 for a box of 60 pills.

Closed Thread