It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
(male)

Hamburg58 HB User
Girlfriend has Cut inside Vagina..Herpes?

So my girlfriend and I were having sex about 2 weeks ago and noticed blood...we thought it was just perhaps a period that had not finished...Did something a week later (we're fairly rough) and same thing happened. At this point we're somewhat alarmed...A week later again, and it was heavy bleeding...So we took a look and inside on the wall of her vagina where it is visible, somewhat back there was a cut that had began to clot up, slightly purple, there was also a flap of white skin there, as if it had been sliced....could this possibly be just from a finger nail or from rough sex and it kept reopening or does this sound like an outbreak of herpes? she got tested today and her doc said it didnt look that way, but we are both freaked out. I have had to signs of herpes, and i had another partner a few months back that my girlfriend knew about.

so now she thinks since i have not gotten tested that i contracted it and gave it to her..But we've been sleeping together for months now...I just hope it is not this..can anyone give me any comfort here?

Thanks!

Clay

Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User
Re: Girlfriend has Cut inside Vagina..Herpes?

Hey there -

I'm no doctor, not is anyone else on this site. I'd suggest that you go with what the doctor already told you. I will say that, based on the symptoms you describe, it doesn't sound like SHE has herpes.

However, you say that you have shown signs in past. If you haven't been tested, now is a good time!! Find out for sure if you have it or not, and she will as well. This will give you both the satisfaction of knowing.

Things to know - if you have it, it is spread by skin on skin contact - even when you don't have an outbreak. You would be more likely to spread the virus to her if she has an open sore, like you describe. So, until you know, you might want to abstain - it would help her heal up anyway.

It takes about 3-4 months for the antibodies to build up in your blood. I don't know what your time-lines are, but if your girlfriend is positive, she's had it for at least that long. If you've been seeing her that long, you could have passed it to her prior. It sounds so far like she would be asymptomatic - a "carrier" so to speak.

Best bet - both of you should get blood tests.

I don't think that's the comfort you wanted, but it is the reality. Sorry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
(male)

Hamburg58 HB User

No let me rephrase that, it was a typo. I have NO symptoms of herpes. And she has yet to get a result back from the doc. But the cut inside of her has decreased in pain and severity. And there is no itching, it does not look to be turning into a sore either. Any help?

And the doc also said it did NOT look like herpes when she got examined. He said quote, "this is not traditionally what it looks like but we need to test anyway." I think this scared her. Perhaps docs have to do that because of suing.

Last edited by Hamburg58; 08-23-2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something/

Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

Hey there -

If you've never shown signs, and she's not showing signs, and the doctor says it doesn't look like it - what makes you think it's herpes at all?? Herpes usually shows up as lesions or bumps, and you describe this as a cut.

It really doesn't sound herpetic. Your girlfriend is getting tested alreay. (Good for her doctor for doing the test, even though he didn't think it was). For both of your peace of mind, go get a test done on yourself. At least you'll know for sure.

Closed Thread