It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
(male)

spongebob16 HB User
Question male burning during urination...herpes?

Very confused...I had a stupid drunken one night stand about 3 weeks ago, where i used a condom and no other sexual acts were done. Towards the end when we were getting dressed i thought i noticed a pimple near her vagina. She left never to be heard from again, and then i started freaking out a bit...

About a week later i felt a tenderness inside my penis start to devolop and then burning while urinating, which over about 11 days got worse. As it worsened i noticed one day that my urine was extremely cloudy, and about a week into this i noticed small amounts of yellowish discharge. Then about a week ago i noticed my right eye felt like it was getting infected and that got worse, red and all that junk stuff, so i went to the eye doctor. At this time the left eye had a small sign of irritation. So of course im worried ive contracted herpes and now have passed it onto my eyes. But the eye dr says there is not sign of inflamation of the cornea, doesnt think its herpetic, sends me for a bunch of blood tests. My eye infection in the next two days worsens, i go back to the dr and she tells me now she thinks its viral, but i still have no signs of it being herpetic. Also, all blood tests came back negative, including HSV 1 and HSV 2, levels were .08 and .09, and no signs of blood in the urine although it was cloudy....

So i goto an std clinic in nyc, and they do an exam and culture. Came back negative for gonnorea, and culture for chlamydia is being grown. Dr tells me also there is no blood in the swab he did, and in his 24 years, he has never seen a case of male herpes where the blisters are just on the inside with no external manifestations after 2 weeks... Tells me he does NOT think its herpes. Heres the kicker and confuser... i bought these black tidy widies (always wear boxers but ran out) and wore them w/o washing about 1 month ago. Really irritated me so i only wore one pair and that was it. But then i ran out right before this started happening, wore a pair, and felt the irritation again. SO I stopped. Then i bought a different 3 pack ( i have a problem w/ laundry) and w/o washing wore them. Now before that night there had been a little burning, but when i urinated it burned sooo badly, and i look at my penis and i see black coming ooozing out (thought it was blood) and was about to die, when i realized it was cotton coming out of my penis. At this point i feel better about everything and was like ok, its not herpes its irritation/infection from these stupid underwear which makes sense. But that was a week ago today.

Sorry this is long winded but you can see how im sooo confused and yes, scared, worried, etc....

Can any guys out there that have had similar symptons chime in??? At this point only you guys and time will give me a better sense. Oh yea, and the Dr. gave me antibiotics. Please help!!! im on an emotional roller coaster and cant figur e this out!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
(male)

ld3340 HB User
Re: male burning during urination...herpes?

Hey, yeah, this a bit embarrassing! but sometimes we have to own up a little. I have had std's 3 times. This was around the mid 80's. Seems like a while ago, but I remember it as tho it were yesterday. I had chlymidia and Ghonorhea- sorry bout the spelling. I know about the discharge, ya know, how it almost feels like a wet dream? Well, after washing laundry and not always getting the lint out of the trap in the dryer (yes this can cause a fire) I too found stuff sticking to the discharge. I do not believe it could work itself inside. I would more believe that a person got the antibiotics and took them till the symptoms were gone, and then stopped, not giving the infection the full dosage of antibiotics, causing it to return. I am sure I may have misunderstood you, but I know there are those who will do the same thing I just said, and possibly infect someone!
I have also had a infection not caused by an std, so it is very important to have a culture done. Like I said, if I missed on your problem I'm sorry, but I hope you find an answer soon. LD

Old 09-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
(male)

spongebob16 HB User

confused, so u think this is herpes or is not herpes? A bit more puss the other night, and i kept milking it and saw a little blood come out too...but now it feels like its clearing up, (hopefully) w/.o taking the antiobiotics.... IS THIS HERPES OR NOT?!??! CANT TAKE THIS, NOT KNOWING...

Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

OK. No one here is going to give you a yes/no answer as to whether or not you have herpes. We aren't medical professionals.

I will say this - if you contracted herpes from a one night stand 3 weeks ago, any blood test done now will be negative - unless you were previously infected. It takes about 3 months usually for the antibodies to build up in your blood enough to show positive on this test. The the HSV blood test you had is useless except to tell you you didn't have it previously.

You said the clinic cultured you for ghonorrea and Clamydia - what about herpes?? The only way to diagnose herpes this early is to to a swab/culture test. Obviously this is a bit tougher with everything being inside, but I'm sure if they were able to culture for the other two, they could for herpes. The Dr. you saw may be right in that herpes isn't generally ONLY internal. But the lesions certainly CAN be internal. The fact that you haven't had them externally, well, who knows?? Have them test for herpes anyway - and specifically ask for a type specific test. Even if it's not likely to be herpes, at least then you'll know for sure.

As for infection from underwear. Well, anything is possible. But I would think an irritation to underwear would be external, not internal. That just doesn't make sense. If you were allergic to the dyes, or the material, or the tightness irritated you - it would be your skin that was touching them that would react. Nothing internal would need to react - it's not touching your underwear, right??

There is definitely something wrong - keep pursuing it and don't just wait until it goes away and write it off. Get tested for herpes. Go to your regular Dr. and tell him/her everything and just keep following up until you know. Hey, it's possible it's just a bladder infection, right?? But find out.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
(male)

spongebob16 HB User

just to keep this updated...went to an infectious disease dr in nyc, and he said that having urethritis from herpes with a primary outbreak, and having no other symptons is pretty much unheard of. He explained it usually occurs without other symptons, on\ly on recurrent episodes.

I have a high tolerance for pain but now the burning is incredibly bad, i notice blood mixed in with the urine after i urinate. This whole thing has been going on for a little under 3 weeks. So he gave me azithromycin and said if its bacterial it should be cleared out in about 48 hours after taking the pills. Eyes are much better too now, not 100%, but id say 95%, the right lid is still slightly swollen. Once again, eye dr felt the symptons were not herptetic in the eyes, and just said it was viral...

Just want to add to this so it may help someone else. Hopefully both doctors are right and this isnt herpes but, i have to say, im still not convinced. This doctor thinks it may be chlamydia still, but we shall see...let's hope he is right. If symptons go away ill know he was right, if not, i guess it will take at least 3 months to get retested for HSV to know definitely...

Old 09-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

Get re-tested regardless. Doctors are sometimes wrong, and it might clear up with meds or on it's own and you'd believe you didn't have. Just to be sure... get re-tested in 3 months.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #7
(male)

azeemthegr8 HB User

ok, so here's the deal...
i'm 19, and just a couple of days ago, when i went to urinate in the morning, i experienced an unbelievable, almost unbearable pain at about the tip of my penis, somewhere in between a burning or cutting/tearing sensation, and really, if there weren't people in my house, i'd have been screaming my lungs out. anywho, it passed after about 10 minutes. A milder case of this had happened to me about a month ago, and i let it pass, as it sorted itself out...i experiences some discomfort during urination for the rest of the day, but i let it pass...i also had a strange desire to keep urinating like 4 or 5 drops every once in a while for the next hour or so...
so then came today, same story as the previous morning, again, i let it go 'coz i had massive amounts of work to do, but when i got back from college and went to take a pee, first i noticed that the urine smelt awful, like some kind of rotting fish almost, and then just as i came to the last few drops, to my horror i noticed that they were bright ******* red i.e. BLOOD!
now i tried to look for stuff on the internet, and everything i see points to
a. STDs (out of the question coz im a virgin :P)
b. prostrate problems (holy crap!)
c. diabetes? (yeouch!)
d. or a urinary infection.
i've been freaking out about this all day, and i don't know what to do..i just went to take a dump, and i passed out a bit of blood after urinating as well, although the pain was much less...
any help please? i really need to know what to do, or if anybody else has been having these problems, coz its driving me insane!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

What you need to do is see a doctor.

Your right, it could be any of those, and we can't diagnose you.

Get to a doctor ASAP - blood is no joke and not to be fooled with.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
(male)

azeemthegr8 HB User

heya...went to the doc and did a urine test today...
it seems i have a UTI..he's put me on meds and says it should clear out by sunday...fingers crossed...

Closed Thread