It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

Quirk HB User
Arrow herpes outreak won't fully heal.... what could be the problem?

so i contracted herpes back in march from my boyfriend's dormant cold sore. i've had 3 outbreaks so far, and this third one seems to keep persisting. i noticed it because i thought i had torn myself during rough intercourse, but then it kept persisting so i knew it was something else. i have taken two perscriptions of acyclovir (zovirax) over two weeks and it was pretty much better, so my boyfriend and i had (protected) sex. ever since then (this was 3 days ago) i feel like the sores are coming back, or rather, just staying there, not getting better or worse.

why does it keep persisting? is it because i had "cuts" they get re-opened when i have sex? or is this acyclovir just not working?? i am really frustrated with my body, and i am just blessed that my boyfriend is so understanding.... can anyone offer any advice on what could be the problem?? i don't want to live like this for the rest of my life... what can i do?!??!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User
Re: herpes outreak won't fully heal.... what could be the problem?

It's really hard to say for sure why they persist...

You said you had two prescriptions over 10 days. Odd. I may be wrong here, but usually one course of treatment is about 10 days... Are you finishing the course of treatment, or do you stop taking the meds when it seems to be improving?? That could be a problem.

It also sounds like you are having sex before you are completely healed. Well, yeah - that could be a problem!! Be aware that, even partially healed, you are most likely to transmit the virus at this point. Sounds like your boyfriend has oral herpes. It's possible, especially if you are having sex at this stage, for him to contract it genitally now too. It's not really common, but by having sex when you are still in a transmission stage, you increase the risk - even if you use a condom. For this reason alone, it's best to let yourself fully heal before you have sex.

But also, if your cuts and lesions aren't fully healed, you are going to break them open during sex, and the cycle will start again. Let yourself heal fully before sex, and there's a good chance it won't get irritated again.

It could also be that sex is one of your triggers. That's sad, but a possibility. Especially rough sex can trigger an outbreak. There are counters to this - less rough stuff, more lube etc. Before you know this though, you'll need to heal up and then try again.

There are also lots of holistic remedies out there that might help a persistent sore. Lot's of people use them, so read the board. I know that Oceanus and Audrey B both recently listed some things they were doing, so you might try searching their names.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread