It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

Sorfiwien HB User
What looks like Herpes, Feels like Herpes, but isn't?

I'm a virgin. One of the major reasons I've been staying abstinent is because of all the STDs that are common in our lives today, and its not a hard decision to make because I'm a 17 year old high school sr. with an incredibly wonderful boyfriend (who respects my decision to be abstinent even though he's not a virgin, guys like that are hard to come by).
So with all of this, I don't see why after making all these choices I should get the non-STD equivalent of herpes.
It first happened about a year ago. We thought I had the flu because my fever was 104 and I was darn near dead. I didn't throw up. I thought I had "scratched my vagina while wiping" because I had a bit of pain there and it had happen before, but then things got really bad because it hurt a lot and it burned to pee and I couldn't even sit for a week.
Eventually i went into my gynecologist and that stupid witch kept asking "are you sure you havenít had sex?" as if I would forget or something. *grrr*
She said if I was sexually active she would be sure it was Herpes.
She just wrote if off as some virus from the flu or something but she never told me what it actually was (the tests that she sent in came back negative for herpes... what a surprise)
So here I am again, just having broken my fever of 102 last night, and finding those delightful white sores in my crotch again.

Does anybody have any idea what looks and feel exactly like herpes but infects silly virgins like me?

The worst part is, its not like I can have sex with my boyfriend now that I know abstinence isn't keeping me safe because I don't know if this weird new virus can be transmitted sexually. I'll just feel too bad putting him at risk because he's so freaking good to me and I really think I might marry him.

Thank you for reading and I really hope someone who knows what this feels like can at least help me feel better by talking to me,
~Sorfiwien

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Re: What looks like Herpes, Feels like Herpes, but isn't?

Sorfiwien ~

Welcome to the board . Sorry, you're going through this, but I would go back to your ob/gyn and demand a swab test - while you still have the lesions. This is the most accurate way to determine if you have herpes. Keep in mind herpes is a skin-to-skin transmission. You don't have to have intercourse to get this virus, it can also be transmitted through oral sex or foreplay. Any type of skin to skin contact....I know you're frustrated, but I think finding your answers, will help you in dealing with whatever it is. Try not to stress, if it is herpes, it is quite manageable.

Best of luck and be persistant, -Orn

Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Like Ornament says Herpes is a skin to skin contact virus. That means, touching with plane ole fingers can transmit the virus.

I too suggest you hot foot it into your doctors office and get a swab done while the lesions are fresh.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
(female)

Sorfiwien HB User

Well I took it to the doctor and I have good news. I don't remember what its called but my gynecologist is a total idiot because my doctor said it actually doesn't look like herpes to her and its some infection that women can get because of a change in medications or something
basically, i went on the pill and that erased something from my vag that is usually there so my body replaced it with this painful thing thats growing in its place.
I don't even do foreplay with my boyfriend OR masterbate, thats why it was so strange that this would happen and thats why i didn't get why my gynecologist insisted it looked like herpes. My nethers might as well be a forign country to me...

so thank you guys for helping, going to a doctor is always the best action in any event, as much as i hate them looking down there.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
(female)

Purity101 HB User

I'm sure that what you're going through is painful. I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, having sex does have alot of BAD consequences. The more you get, the more you'll want, and the more diseases you'll contract. There is no such thing as "safe sex". Your body is more important than a few moments of pleasure. Don't ruin it.

Kissing, rubbing eachother, making out--these can transmitt diseases. If your boyfriend touches you there then things can be transmitted as well.

Reactions to Pennecillin can also have effects like this. Food allergies are another one. Try to only eat natural foods, and don't let your boyfriend touch you there. Stop all medications too. Urinary tract infections can cause burning when peeing. Drink alot of cranberry juice and wear cotton undies.

Above all, don't let anyone touch you there, and don't masturbate. Stay abstinent and celibate. You will be healthier, and happier, in the long run.

Last edited by Purity101; 09-28-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

I feel a need to respond to the last two posts here.

Everyone on this board has a sexually transmitted disease. What your definition of sex is changes from one person to the next. Personally, I think defining kissing as having sex is taking it a bit far - I kiss my kid, but I don't have sex with her!! The pro's and con's of absitinence and masturbation making you pure or not are a bit inappropriate here I think. The last two posters seem to indicate that since we've all had sex, we're now impure monsters.

It's very intimitading to say to someone - don't have foreplay, masturbate, kiss or anything because it spreads STD's. Saying sex has BAD consequences is threatening to those who are still technically virgins.

Sex also has very good consequences. Babies are one of them. Let's face it, sex is fun, pleasurable, a feel good activity, a connection between you and your partner. It's also a natural thing to do, as is masturbation.

By making these things bad and dirty, you are negatively influencing someone on something that can be very beautiful. You are also leading them to believe that every time they have sex or even touch themselves they will be getting a dirty STD - and that isn't true.

People, we aren't dirty. We have a virus that 80% of people have. Most of the people on this board have had sex - sorry, we're impure. But keep in mind that many of us went years and years while having very enjoyable sex without getting STD's.

Abstinence is a personal choice. But it obviously doesn't prevent herpes - there are people on this board who are virgins and have genital herpes. Abstinence may prevent pregnancy, but herpes not so much. If you choose abstinence, all the power to you - but let's not let it cloud the issue here. Sex is a good thing, and doesn't always result in an STD.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

an85 HB User

ok I was hoping someone was going to respond to that, geeez!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

I tried to be diplomatic - did I succeed??

Old 09-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
(female)

an85 HB User

I think so.....I also had a feeling it would be you who responded, lol. My last attempt to respond to something that bothered me made me feel harsh.....so I took a back seat on this one. Good for you!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
(female)

Purity101 HB User

The only difference between the way monkeys masturbate and the way humans do it, is that monkeys do it better, out in the open, for all to see. Aren't we trying NOT to be like monkey's anymore? Didn't Darwin say we're higher on the food chain now? Maybe you didn't know this, so I'm just letting you know.

About the comment of having sex for a number of years and never catching anything, all I have to say is this: you can run as many stop lights as you like, eventually something's going to run into you, and smash you.

As for your comment on kissing: I kiss my son as well, but I don't think about sex when I do it. Deep kissing is the kind that transmits diseases (such as tonging, heavy petting).

Last edited by Purity101; 09-30-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

Purity -

I really think that comments about abstinence and masturbation are inappropriate here, so let's just leave these debates aside, and let people make their own personal choices.

It is, however, important not to mislead people with inaccurate information. Kissing doesn't lead to sexually transmitted diseases. Kissing someone who has an STD (in this case herpes) CAN lead to transmittal. Not always. Same with sex. Sex doesn't lead to STD's. Sex with an infected partner CAN lead to STD's. Not always. There is no guarantee that you'll acquire herpes simply by kissing someone. In fact, the odds are against it!

It's not necessary to intimidate our virgin readers by telling them that everything about sex is BAD. It's also not necessary to mis-inform them about the source of an STD.

By all means, before you become sexually active with someone, find out their history. And if they have herpes, be aware that it CAN be transmitted. But that doesn't mean all sex and kissing will cause you to acquire an STD. Be aware, but don't be scared.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Good go of it Catharine!

I'm a few days behind in my reading.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

I was wondering if you'd chime in here!!

How's it going?? It's been awhile...

Closed Thread