It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
(female)

estoshia3789 HB User
How can i get pregnant from my partner without transmitting herpes to him?

To whom it may concern:

I am an 18 year old young woman. I know, such a question to ask when i am so young. No i dont plan on getting pregnant now. It's just i dont want to wait too long. I have a possibilty of going blind around 40...i dont want them to be too young. And i want as many as i can and can finacially support. of course.

but this is what happened to me. my stepmom kicked me out shortly after my dad left for iraq during this past summer. and while i tried to live with an ex boy friend and his roomate when i came home from work Jess the roomate had old high school friends over to party, me i just wanted to sleep...i was so dog gone tired i fainted right in the living room where i normally slept anyway. eventually later that night one of Jess's friends raped me and he had herpes apparently as i soon found out 3 days later when i got what seemed to be an immediate out break.

soon after i got it i needed a new home to stay at and i still had graduating to worry about. i didnt want to have to worry about my new disease bothering me and trying to graduate no matter what and also wondering where my next meal was coming from. there was never any food when i got home from work even though i was the one that bought all of it all the time. so i finally called up my grandparents to live with them. now i dont have to worry bout the food issue. just school new work and herpes.

then not too long after i moved here i met this guy. me and him clicked. it was awesome! the first time we were bout to do it, i told him to stop and listen for a sec cuz i had something to tell him...i told him my story n he figured it was God's way of testing to see how bad he wanted a good woman. we decided to continue the evening events anyway but at least he knew and had the chance to take extra precautions. so yeah i was being a good girl and got a good man... but he's still concerned and worried how we can have a real future together if it will be hard to have kids with out passing it on to them...

how can we make babies if i have herpes and we dont want him to get it? is there a way to do it? or are we supposed to use like a syringe? eww..

you see they mention about how you can have a healthy baby when you're pregnant and about to give birth, but no web site has said how to have a healthy sexual reproductive process with your uninfected partner with out passing it to him...why not? is there no real answer? or is it a risk? well i know its always a risk...but please i need the answers...that guy, i dont want what he did to me for life scar me for life not just my body and mind but if i cant have any healthy babies with who ever i marry and choose to love cuz this curse, then he also stole from me my soul. All i have ever dreamed about was haveing a family of my own. please tell me theres a way. i want to get pregnant the natural fun way...not all hospital and un natural way( syringes or artificial fertilization or what ever it is called....please it would help me with my peace of mind. thank you for your time

The Following User Says Thank You to estoshia3789 For This Useful Post:
241993ls (08-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
(female)

bp4life HB User
Re: How can i get pregnant from my partner without transmitting herpes to him?

the best thing to do would be to ask your doctor but i think the only option would be artificial insamination. but i must warn you, even with condoms you can still transmit herpes. ive always used condoms and i have herpes. so there is a chance your partner may already have it

Old 09-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

When you don't have an OB, your risk of transmitting is very low. My friend has been married 15 years (had GH before marriage) and has 2 kids and her husband still does not have it. On the flip side, my husband had herpes all our married life and I got pregant twice w/o herpes...I got it much later.

By the time you're ready to have a baby and married, your husband has to know that sooner or latter he will probably get it from you and accept it. He has to know it is not the end of the world which you can demonstrate by not carrying on when you have ob. Tell the the truth, for most people herpes isn't so bad and some don't even know they have it. Really, the worst part about it is not having it, it is knowing you can spread it. Within a marriage it is no biggie since you both already have it. Also by then you should have fewer ob's and be in tune with you body and know when you will have ob to minimize chance of spreading.

If he loves you enough to marry you knowing you are going to be blind at 40, herpes should not bother him. Sooner or latter everyone has some health issue to deal with.

Last edited by matter of time; 09-27-2007 at 03:46 PM.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

estoshia3789 HB User

thanks! ur message was most helpful. it kind of gives me hope, you know...sure i understand that he might get it later down on in the road..he just doesnt want to get it while he's in the Marines right now....
well i hope you have a good one. take care

estoshia3789

Old 10-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
(female)

tresmimi HB User

You can also take Valtrex- a prescription drug, while you are trying to get pregnant. This will lessen your outbreaks & lower the risk of spreading it. I got pregnant 3 times and had healthy babies! You will be fine, lots & lots of people have it and have babies. The risk is for the baby is at the time of delivery. If you have an outbreak, you would then have to have a C-section. But that's not so bad- to get precious babies! Talk to your doctor, they will help you make teh right decisions.

Closed Thread