It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

dkw711 HB User
Angry Burning/Itching - How long will the outbreak last?

Hi, well I was diagnosed end of August with HSV-1 in my genital area, which was revealed from a culture of the site. I am fairly certain I got it from my new partner who I've been seeing for two months now. After I broke out, we talked and I discovered he had had cold sores in the past. Even though he was asymptomatic, there was still a possibility of catching it, which I discovered this the hard way. Anyways, so my sores cleared up within 10 days, but then I continued to have some burning sensation, pressure to urinate, and itchiness to a mild degree. Nonetheless, still very irritating. It finally felt all better after a month from diagnosis. Then my partner and I became intimate again since I felt comfortable to do so, and now I'm back to mild itchiness and burning sensations for the past two weeks. I'm going on two months since my diagnosis and thought this would have cleared up by now. Is or has anyone else experienced these mild symptoms during first outbreak lingering far past the sores being gone.

I've been tested for everything else under the sun and a culture now is negative for yeast and bacteria, which leads me to think it's just the damn herpes hanging out still. The worst part of it is not being able to be as intimate with my partner since this is sorta a hindrance. Any suggestions for diet or herbal remedies. I'm on valtrex and take mucho vitamins including vit C and Lysine and am healthy otherwise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User
Re: Burning/Itching - How long will the outbreak last?

The first outbreak is usually the worst, and can often linger for literally months. Whether or not this is symptoms of one continuous outbreak, or your body is reacting strongly to the virus and so you feel the symptoms more intensly every day I don't know.

I would search the database for recent posts by Oceanus. (Or Oceanus will probably chime in here too!! ) She has posted lots of good info recently regarding holistic remedies etc. As well she was suffering from some of the same "ongoing" symptoms. You might also want to search out posts by Audrey B for the same reason. (Ladies - hope you don't mind me recommending you!!)

Good luck

Old 10-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
(female)

dkw711 HB User
Re: Burning/Itching - How long will the outbreak last?

Thanks for the helpful information. I think I do typically tend to have a sensitive immune system which makes since why I would continue to have some problems. With an optamistic attitude, I think they will subside eventually after my body is able to launch a better immunological response with increased levels of antibodies. From what I understand, your antibodies continue to build substantially within the first three months.

Closed Thread