It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
(female)

bbygrl13 HB User
Question Confused, Scared and Concerned

Hey,

About a week ago, I had an episode one night of a really strange sudden cold/fever, where i felt lightheaded with a stomach ache and chills. I thought nothing of it when it went away after sleeping it off that night. Then about 5 days ago I noticed on the right side of my butt cheek I had a small annoying kind of red spot, it looked like being chaffed and again I thought nothing of it and just put it off to ask my doctor for my scheduled pap smear in 2 days. After going to the doctor he said he thought it was Herpes and took a culture of it just to be sure, he also swabbed for other possible infections, and even had me take a blood test. Could my weird episode be linked to the outbreak? My doctor did however tell me that my "outbreak" did not look very bad, and agreeing with him I have not been in too much pain, rather just annoyance of its location in between my butt cheeks. He also said that it may just be shingles and to wait for my results. He did put me on Valtrex for 5 days and gave me 3 refills just in case.

My concerns are that I am awaiting my results, but prior to my appointment I had sexual intercourse and oral sex with my boyfriend. We have been together for a little bit over a year now and we have both been tested before. I am assuming that I was not tested for herpes before because I did not realize I had to specifically ask for it. I assumed it was part of the regular pap smear, so I am not completely sure if already had herpes without knowing it or if my boyfriend may be a carrier without knowing it. Im still really upset since this is so sudden and I am having mixed feelings of anger and saddness and more importantly embarrassment. I know that if my test does come up positive I am going to have to tell my boyfriend and I would really like some support or advice of what other people have been through in this situation.

Also, how likely is it that this could have come from a past relationship? Or if I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and he has herpes, why would I all of a sudden get an outbreak now? He is not the type of person to cheat on me at all and I am very positive that if he knew he had herpes he would have told me. There has never been any time where he would put of sex for any reason, so I do not think that he was hiding them from me.

If I do have herpes, Should I ask to go on suppressive therapy even though I do not know how often my outbreaks will be? My main concern for this is that I am going to Europe for 6 months starting in January and I want to be prepared.

Please help, I believe I am still in panic mode trying to cope and deal with this concern. And I am wondering how to tell my boyfriend when I am not completely ok with this. Should I wait to tell him when I get my results?

Last edited by bbygrl13; 11-22-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread