It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

itneverstops HB User
Angry Vulvodynia and perineum fissures NON STOP after herpes

Will I ever get to enjoy my life again? My husband (and first partner) gave me herpes not even a month after we began having sex. Oh no, it's worse than that... First I got type 2 in my mouth. I had white spots through my mouth and sore throat, fever etc. At the time, the doctor just said it was a passing virus, but after I developed it genitally and started researching, I realized after the fact that I'd had it orally as well. (Never had a "cold sore" on my lip, just sores on my cheeks and throat.) Obviously, the first month wasn't the best since I was a virgin, and since the herpes, I have had NON STOP pain. It has been a year and a half, and not only have I NEVER enjoyed sex, but I can't do anything (especially use the bathroom) without pain. I am so angry that I carefully waited to have sex with my husband only to have all possible enjoyment taken away by the herpes before I even got to enjoy it. I haven't actually had an outbreak with obvious sores since the first one, but the other types of pain have not ended. For months, I had non-stop UTIs, but when doctors did urine cultures to find the bacteria, there was none and they couldn't do anything for me, so I think the urinary pain was due to the herpes. On top of that, I used to love oral sex and could orgasm quickly every time but now it causes me pain and I rarely orgasm (less than five times since the herpes occured 1 1/2 years ago!) The minute my husband touches me with his tongue or finger, the burning starts around my vagina. It matches all the symptoms of volvodynia, and from what I've read, vulvodynia is thought to be caused by herpes in some cases due to nerve damage. As if that's not all, I have constant tears and fissures all through my perineum that hurt all the time. (Urinating is a painful experience and bowel movements are worse.) These tears get worse after sex and bleed for several days. It's like having thousands of paper cuts that constantly sting, then they itch. I have to use pain relieving antibiotic every day just to get some relief. Sometimes I can barely sit down.
I used to look forward to sex, but now it is just a nightmare. Entry is painful no matter how much lubrication is used, and the whole area burns and stings so bad afterwards that I have to lay there with an ice pack and still have pain the next day.

I keep reading that herpes gets less painful with time, but I seem to be having permanent nerve and skin damage even without outbreaks. Does this ever get better or am I doomed for the rest of my life? I didn't even get to have the "joy of sex" before I began paying the consequences for my husband's promiscuous past (that he lied to me about!) This has totally destroyed my new sex life and my marriage, and so it seems, my future sex life if this pain never goes away. I'm so sick of it! What the heck can I do to regain pleasure and get rid of the constant stinging?

The following user gives a hug of support to itneverstops:
awaituru (06-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

kdlws37 HB User
Re: Vulvodynia and perineum fissures NON STOP after herpes

It seems like you get a high viral load whenever you OB. All those cuts and fissures are active OBs with a high viral attack. I think, though I am no expert, that even when you don't get a visible surface OB, the nerve pain you get is because the virus is travelling down that nerve in big quantities. But this is just what I am figuring...... And the higher the viral load, the more is the chance of some type of permanent damage. You want to avoid this, therefore you might take a suppressive like valtrex or acyclovir or famvir, which ever works best for you whenever u feel an OB coming on........ Better to take these meds, in my opinion than have permanent damage.
Also, u shud take on a daily basis natural antivirals because alot of people have reported that this is the safe way they have found to reduce or even stop OBs.
There are many things people have found that work for them, so you should research these online. But I will suggest a few : unrefined, virgin coconut oil ( 2 - 3 tablespoons daily ), ( this really helps !), apple cider vinegar, cat's claw, olive leaf extract, garlic have been reported by many to help. also red wine with alot of "resveraterol".

Echinacea is a powerful immune booster which should not be taken for long stretches of time but when you get bad OBs. Neem helps others.......

There is a widespread theory that the more alkaline a body is, the more hostile it becomes for viruses. You could raise alkalinity by eating alot of alkaline rather than acid foods , drinking lots of water and getting alot of oxygen in your system through exercise etc. You may look up online what foods tend to be more acid/alkaline . If you follow this, the other benefit is that alkalinity is very good for overall health, not just viruses.........

For most people, with time (which might be a year or a few more), the OBs tend to last alot shorter and become less frequent.

Concentrate on figuring out a formula that will help stop or greatly reduce your OBs. Then stick with it everyday like you would take medication for some other health problem.
Hope this helps ! And if you wanna discuss your oral symptoms more, I'd be happy to anytime.

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-27-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Have you actually had a culture done on your lesions and or blood work done?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Whoa ~ now, that's a rant.....I need tylenol!
Itneverstops,
First things first - you've got to calm down....Stress is a key factor to triggering an outbreak. I know, easier said then done and believe me - I feel your pain...been there - lived through that. Has your doctor recommended anything for the ob's and the pain? What about anitvirals? How much reading/learning have you done regarding the herpes virus? I truly believe education and learning 'your body" are key for dealing with this virus. It can be managable...At first, herpes is an emotional roller-coaster, until you find a way to control it and dooming yourself isn't one of them....it only aggrevates the virus more! Stop stressing, so you can think logically.
Start taking an over-the-counter pain med, aleve, advil, tylenol - whatever works for you.When urinating pour a large cupful of warm water over your lower area, while you're going, this should help. Afterwards use a spray bottle with peroxide (regular kind) and blast that area (let drip dry) do this every time you're urinating. I've even globbed on aloe vera gel (the green kind, sold by sunburn lotions) it can be quite soothing. Then put on boxers or loose sweats with no undies, having nothing touching that area is best. Keep repeating this process until your pain symptons lessen. take daily vitamins and vitamin C to strengthen your immune system, this will help to put the virus in hibernation.
Find a positive attitude, you're not doomed, once you get this under control, it can be manageable and then it will be nothing more that a skin irritation. Keep us posted and oh yea, welcome to the board.
Feel Better & type soon, -Ornament

Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
(female)

itneverstops HB User

I didn't have any blood work or cultures, but my first genital outbreak was so classic, it was unmistakable to the gynecologist. I had every text book sign, but by the time I got help, the lesions were starting to heal and she didn't do a culture. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize my initial prodrome, and I got my first obvious sores on a Friday night. I didn't get to a doctor until Tuesday. At that point, she put me on the highest possible dose of Acyclovir for ten days because she said I had a lot of sores. As for blood work, I couldn't do it at that time because it was too soon, but my husband who supposedly never had any symptoms and didn't know he had it, had blood work done the same day I was diagnosed, and his came back very positive for types 1 and 2.

I have gone back to a different (less judgmental) gynecologist about the constant stinging, burning and fissures, but she said she couldn't do a culture without an obvious open herpes sore. Should I try again and ask for a culture of the fissures that run through my perineum?

One thing I think is weird... I thought I had a good immune system because I almost never get sick. I take daily C, Zinc, multi-vitamins, etc. and echinacea and lysine if I feel worn down. But, these sores and burning I'm having are not separate outbreaks; they never go away. Is it possible to have 1 1/2 years of a never ending outbreak? Especially when I usually never get sick?

My husband doesn't know how long he's had herpes, but considering he's slept with well over 50 women since 1981, it's safe to say he's had it a while. The only person who warned him that she had it was a girlfriend he had in 1983, but given the statistics and the fact that he was sleeping with other highly promiscuous people, I have a feeling he's been exposed at least 15 times (if 25% of average women have it and his partners were far more active.) Still, he swears he never saw a single sore until I had my first outbreak. He reformed from promiscuity in the late 80's and hadn't slept with anyone for 2 1/2 years prior to me. Since then, he's had several more single sore outbreaks. I know it is possible to have it for years without symptoms then have them suddenly show up, but I also know that isn't the norm. I can't help but wonder if he didn't have outbreaks and know all along. He swore up and down before we got married that he was safe and hadn't slept with many people, but if he'd told me the truth about his past I would have insisted on proof =(

Old 12-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
(female)

BlueUK HB User

Hi there Itneverstops,

I'm so sorry you're going through this, i know it feels like things will never be normal, I am experiencing some of the same things you are, I have had GHSV1 for 2 years and my fissures plus a larger 'papercut' in my main ob area have also never disappeared. I recently went to a private gynecologist here in the UK who swears blind that my fissures are not herpes related, she simply wouldn't have it that they were an 'outbreak' she said the were just fissures that had never had a chance to heal and prescribed me Proctosedyl ointment and told me to use that for a week!

Sometimes I wonder where these people get their information from, and they are supposed to be the professionals...however just incase she is right I am using it right now!

I haven't had the painful urinating since my first big ob, then I used an English product called Cystemme which women take her for cystitus, it worked wonders for me.

Even though I am extremely healthy diet, exercise, toxins and vitamin wise I still have the virus constantly. Are you taking any oral contraception? If so you might want to experiment and not take it for a few months, it can make a huge difference to your immune system.

Good luck, I hope things improve for you.

Blue x

Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
(female)

Princess05247 HB User

My husband gave me herpes too. He had a one night stand and contacted it. He didn't know he had it until i broke out. He lied to me at the hospital when i was being told i had it. And this was after 24 years of marriage. I have had it for 3 years now and have the same pain in the entry of the vagina. The pain has gotten somewhat better but hasn't gone away. We use alot of lubrication, the best one we have found is astroglide. I never realized till you mentioned that it was nerve pain causing this. I went to the gyno for it and he acted like it was no big deal and gave me lidocane for it. I never used it.

Sorry you had to go through all this and i hope it gets better for you in time.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
(female)

Princess05247 HB User

I forgot to say that i take Valtrex everyday and it doesn't help with this pain.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
(female)

outrageous07 HB User

Itneverstops,

Have you looked into Olive Leaf? do a search for it, I just starting taking it, but based on the articles I've found it looks like it might work for me.

I can relate to your post, Blue UK.. I keep getting "papercut"-like fissures and I recently starting getting fissures in the anal area. My gyno told me it wasn't from herpes and prescribed me a steroid cream as well. The cream made them go away in about 2 days. However, when I had fissures in the past, I put bactine on them and that made them go away as well. She told me to stop using bactine, but I probably won't because it helps better than anything I've found - it doesn't sting and it cools the area and kills all the bacteria. I'll probably just get a new gyno who is more informed about Herpes

Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
(female)

kylee45 HB User

OH mY GOD I too have Fissures and went to the dr. and was told NO it was not an ob. So my question is is it. I honeslty thought I was the only person that had the same symptoms. I have HSV1 in my gential area. I have only had 1 ob in that region but have had fissures follwoing the intial ob since.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Oceanus HB User

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a veteran now dealing with constant genital herpes type 2 for over 2 years now. I get the papercut like sores, the itching, burning, tingling sensations daily. But the sores do heal. What I've found that helps them heal are a couple of things. Try applying hydrogen peroxide, try taking baths with food grade hydrogen peroxide, try highly diluting food grade hydrogen peroxide and putting it into a spray bottle and apply daily to all areas that you get symptoms. I find applying liquid oxygen to a sore burns A LOT, but it also helps the sores heal a lot faster. I can see a whitish scab develop within a few minutes after application. I would HIGHLY recommend to ALL of you to take 6-8 pills of ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL (split it up morning and night and also in the afternoon if symptoms occur) with food. Try to find a less processed form of it as possible. I have tried MANY things because I refuse to take prescription meds and this has worked by FAR the best for me. I notice any symptoms like burning, tingling, itching ceases within 30 min after taking 3 supplements at a time. Of course, if you already have an open sore, the sore will hurt until it heals. PLEASE TRY THIS! I have used olive leaf, oreganol oil, garlic...you name it I've probably tried it. This is the first thing that has so dramatically helped me. Albeit, I still get symptoms that creep up, but if I take the 3 pills at a time ASAP I can stop it in its tracks.

Itneverstops,

I urge you to start trying remedies to stop your pain as it could go on and on as it has for me for two years now. The sooner you find something that works the better you'll be able to cope with having it and moving on with your life. I also have seen your other posts on other boards and would have to say that you do not seem to be completely healthy. You seem to have quite a few health issues bothering you and so maybe your immune system is too overworked to handle yet another health problem. However, I also have to add that many people seem to suffer with chronic symptoms but do not have any other health issues (that they know of). It could just also be that some people's bodies are just genetically more able to handle the herpes. I think women have more severe OBs than men, as this board is a testament to.
I think it may have to do with our hormone cycles fluctuating so much due to our menstral cycles. I can keep OBs at bay now with coconut oil, but when I get my period I still get a small OB.

I just ordered an ozone generator and plan on treating myself at home with it. There's plenty of information about ozone treatment online and I find it very promising. I'll keep everyone posted on my results.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
(female)

Lotuslilgrl HB User

I wanted to post on this thread because I have experienced these "cuts".
I have had HSV 2 for 7 years. I have been on Valtrex ever since. I take lots of vitamens including Lysine. I too have had these cut like things, but only recently. But over the past yr my life has changed, I have a boyfriend that I live with, so sex is more frequent.
I used to think I was possibly having an OB. But I notice the difference in these and an OB, is an OB will yes sometimes appear as a cutlike thing. But at least for me an OB will itch to the point where it will keep you up at night at least for a day and the sores (which can be flat, hense the paperlike cuts), will glisen and hurt. Herpes to me, when I have an OB, is very noticable. I do get these paperlike cuts though, they go away within a few days. Then come back. I beleive for women, it tends to be hormonal. (not to get too graphic) but when I wash down there, I have a tendency to spread my vaginal walls a little too far. At least that is what I feel sometimes, because after a shower I will sometimes notice that I have a small paperlike cut.
I think the major difference with an OB is that with an OB, the skin (speaking for myself only) tends to swell and itch and then glisen. Some people don't get severve OB's tho. Everyone is different. The way I handle it is, if it gets worse throughout the day or night (cause HSV OB's tend to come quick after the pronome) then I treat it like one. But these paperlike cuts I get all the time it seems. I'm on Valtrex and quite frankly I find it hard to beleive I would keep getting OB's while on this.
Herpes is so tricky, it comes in different forms. So I feel, you have to get to know "yours" . For me I notice it usually must itch, and get red and swell. And yes most times it looks rather like a thicker papercut. I just monitor them so I know.
The only way to know is to culture it though for sure.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
(female)

dannygrace HB User

I'm a fellow member of the lying husbands club. I just went to my dr for every std test imaginable. They all came back negative (including herpes) but I am totally disgusted by my husband. Not that he has herpes but that he didn't tell me. And he knew that he has had it since he was a teenager. And he has had ob since then. I don't have any advice since I apparently dont' have it, but I can say this: My bags will be packed soon. Good luck in your situation. Maybe you'll have the strength to stick it out. But I feel that selfish people deserve the same treatment that they give to others.

Closed Thread