It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

deepdepression HB User
Outbreaks and Monthly Period

Hi everyone.

Since being diagnosed 2 months ago I have notice that I have herpes symptoms/outbreaks when Im either on my period or just getting over it. When I am not on my period I do not feel or experience anything. In fact, I feel pretty "normal" for the most part.

Are there others who have experienced the same, and if so please, please provide some feedback on what your doing or advise.

I am not on any meds. I dont really want to get on daily if I dont have to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Outbreaks and Monthly Period

Do you think you had herpes before you were diagnosed 2 months ago? If so did you think the extra "uncomfortableness" when you were on your period had to do with the herpes? In other words did you have some itchiness or other herpes symptom but thought it was from your period rather that herpes, for example were itchy but thought it was from pad or tampon string rubbing. If so, then your symptoms are very mild.

If you only had herpes 2 months, give it more time, you may not have OB with each period. If you can deal with the OB, if they are very tolerable, meds are optional.

It is very normal to get herpes around period. I sometimes get it just before but not every time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

I just read your previous posts and realize you just got this 2 months ago. If you have bad pains every month, take the daily meds for a while.

I took Valtrex everyday for about 7 months, then I went off to see what happened. The doctor said I could always go back on if I had frequent OB. Now I only take Valtrex only when I have bad OB and I don't take anything for very mild ones.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Oceanus HB User

Yes, I get worse OBs right after my period. I get them at other times, too, but they seem to be stronger and more resilient at that time. I can keep them at bay the rest of the month usually by taking Extra Virgin Coconut Oil pills everyday, but even that isn't enough when I get my period. Also, I've had herpes for over 2 years now. So I wouldn't just hope and pray things get better with time.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
(female)

deepdepression HB User

Thank you for the responses so far. The symptoms that I am experienceing is an on again off again burning that seems to go from mild to severe then back to mild then disapear....then reappear. I wanted to see if I can get through it but I was so sick of feeling uncomfortable that I just took 2 famvir last night then Ill take 2 more today (these are samples that my gyn gave me). I might also ask to be rx'ed some acyclvire (sp?) for future OB's. Im not sure im ready to go on anything daily. If I can get a hold it while im on my period I would be much more happy. Like i said. When im not on my period I feel really good, no symptoms or burning...this is a first becuase I had problems with burning all the time when I first was Diag. I went the last 3 weeks with NOTHING and I was so supprised. Just eating healthy, working out, taking b12, lysiene (sp?), multv.....so we'll see...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
(female)

WHY1 HB User

i have a outbreak every mo. & around my period i was pres. valtre but it doesn't work i have been diagnois for 2 yrs. i still don't understand how all of a suuden i have a outbreak out the blue and never new i had a disease

Old 12-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
(female)

kcc9913 HB User

i've had herpes for 6 years and i still am not sure when or if i'm having an outbreak. for instance, i'm due for my period any day now and i'm slightly itchy down there but my sister who is herpes free gets itchy down there around her period as well. i never got on valtrex or any other supressive medecine for that matter because my doctor said why bother and kind of frowned upon it. maybe valtrex really doesnt work. so what exactly are your outbreaks like around your period? what should i be looking for? you'd think i'd know by now. i'm not in any pain at all whatsoever. ive had one outbreak that i knew of last winter which was painful, itchy, and noticeable, other than that i only am aware of the initial outbreak 6 yrs ago.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
(female)

WHY1 HB User

IRRITAION, BUMPS, REDNESS,WHITE PIMPLE LOOKING BUMPS, HOT FEELING,ITCHING THOSE ARE SURE SYMPTOMS aT TIMES I FEEL LIKE I AM ON FIRE

Closed Thread