It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

elmer47574 HB User
use of tinactin

has anyone used tinactin? did it seem to show any results? does anyone know of anything that helps the healing process or take away pain or iching?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
(male)

elmer47574 HB User
Re: use of tinactin

just an update I mentioned before that I was having trouble with my second ob where most symptoms are finally going after 4 weeks but it looks like it spred (even though most on here say it is rare) to my hips, the crease in my knee, and calves. I have been putting tinactin cream on one side but not the other, I have seen a huge difference in the healing time and iching of my right side where i have been using the tinactin cream. they seem to stay smaller and not get to the point of breaking open. they seem to scab instead. the left side is getting twice as big twice as much pain, and breaking open. not sure if this means anything but i have now started putting tinactin on both legs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

dlocklear1 HB User
Smile Re: use of tinactin

Hi
I am a sufferer also. I have recently been put on Valtrex. It works great. No more outbreaks. Herbal remedies can also be used to supress the herpes virus. Do some research on the web. For the pain try ice packs. Wear cotton underwear and loose pants. While your outbreak is going on make sure you sit aside time to take a 15 min hot bath everyday. I use vaseline to cover the sores. It keeps them dry so that they heal faster. Also...aloe vera will help soothe the pain and itching. And don't have sex while having an outbreak. It will make it worse and spread it.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

Actually, an outbreak won't spread with sex... an outbreak doesn't spread per se. A new sore may develop somewhere for some reason, but that's because the virus lives in the nerve endings and can travel anywhere in the area. It's actually perfectly fine to have sex during an outbreak, provided it's not too painful for you and your partner is agreeable.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

Elmer ~
I've never tried tinactin....What works for one person may not work for another, keep that in mind. Dealing with this herpes virus, is a trial & error process. I've gotten relief with aloe vera gel, peroxide (in a spray bottle) and DMSO cream, search the last one online....As with anything the beginning is the hardest, with time - you'll figure out your triggers (things that activate the virus) and remedies that send it into hibernation. I've had herpes for 4yrs now (genitally) and now it's just a minor annoyance and my ob's have lessened tremendously.(As she knocks on wood) One more thing, boosting your immune system with vitamins, supplements, a healthier lifestyle and less stress, I know easier said that done, seems to help as well. Oh, and for the itching, I've taken over the counter benadryl. Hoping something here was helpful...
Good Luck, Feel Better & We're all here for each other, -Ornament

Closed Thread