It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
(male)

Rob613 HB User
Small red spots in pubic area

I had protected vaginal intercourse about 5 days ago with a women of unknown status. Yesterday I noticed about 12 small red spots maybe 2 millimeters in size underneath my pubic hair but not next to a hair folicle. None on the penis itself. They do not itch and they are not painful. They do not appear fluid filled, they have a red center fading to pink around the edges. Also, they seem localized to the right side but are not clustered.

It doesn't seem like classic herpes but after reading this board, there does not appear to be such a thing as classic herpes.

One other fact is that she was menstruating at the time and I did get some blood in the approximate area of the spots.

Any ideas what it could be? Sure I'll get tested, but I'm just trying to determine which version of panic mode I should be in, in the meantime.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User
Re: Small red spots in pubic area

Try the lower level of panic until you know for sure. High stress will just make it worse.

IF it makes you feel better, the blood would have nothing to do with herpes (although I suppose it could be related to something else). Herpes is not carried in bodily fluids - any of them.

Because you are so soon after first exposure, a blood test won't help you. You need to get to a doctor while the spots/lesions/sores are still fresh, and have a culture done. Make them do it, even if they suggest it's not necessary. It will set your mind at ease. Keep in mind, though, that if the lesions aren't fresh enough they will turn up negative for herpes, even if they are if fact herpes lesions. (Once they start to heal, there isn't enough active virus in them to be positive)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
(male)

Rob613 HB User

Thanks for the advice catharine101 :-) I guess I can move the anxiety level down to DEFCON 4 (for now).

Sometimes I rue the day the internet was birthed. I was apparantly shielded by a higher power in my substantially more promiscusis, ignorant and less cautious youth because I don't think I ever caught an STD. Now every time I have a blissful evening with a beautiful women, I begin to manifest the symptoms of every known STD. The internet has, quite frankly, ruined my sex life

Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

catharine101 HB User

Well, you could stop going online!!

Paranoia is really common if you think or know you've been exposed to an STD. Even once you're diagnosed. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago, and I still freak out over every little itch, simply because all of a sudden I think I'm having an outbreak.

I'd recommend getting tested, for every possible STD. Once you know you are negative (or positive, I suppose), you can continue with your life in a slightly more relaxed manner. Just remember to practise safe sex in the future. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it sure helps!!

Last edited by catharine101; 01-27-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Closed Thread