It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

luvmybabies2 HB User
Smile Can herpes go away on it's own? I had one outbreak 20 years ago.

When I was only 16 years old, I was "supposedly" diagnosed with herpes. I was very young, and believed the doctors, they were military doctors, which I have learned to NOT trust over the years.

Anyway, I supposedly was having an "outbreak" when I was 16 years old, it only happened that one time. They never tested me, they just looked at it and said I had herpes. I am now 36 years old and I have NEVER seen any sign of herpes ever since I that one break out at 16 years old.

I have never had any signs of herpes, no blisters, no sores, no nothing, never. I now call myself "herpes free". I don't know what happened, or if I ever even had it. But can it just go away on it's own?

I have been through an enormous amount of stress in the past 20 years, even hospitalized for the stress and depression, and I still never broke out, even during the most stressfull of times.

How can this be possible? Can you get herpes once, and never get it again?
Or do you think I received a false positive from a doctor?
Thanks for your help.

The following user gives a hug of support to luvmybabies2:
shadre (01-06-2012)
Old 02-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Can herpes go away on it's own? I had one outbreak 20 years ago.

It does not go away on it's own but it is possible to be dormant for many years. It does sound like there is a good chance you were misdiagnosed. You can still get a blood test to confirm if you have type 1 or 2. Would be worth it for the peace of mind. Don't panic if you have type 1 though. Most people test postive for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
(female)

tiggy44 HB User
Re: Can herpes go away on it's own? I had one outbreak 20 years ago.

same thing happen to me. broke out in blisters, was sore. went to dr immediatly she looked at me and said-- you have herpes. that was about 8 yrs ago. no problem ever since. now i found out about 8 months ago i have high risk hpv.. but always normal paps. wonder if thats what i had to begin with. or if herpes can give a positve test for hpv. so confusing.

Closed Thread