It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
(male)

eat4goodhealth HB User
Cold Sores right outside of my nose

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but here goes:

I've been getting nasty cold sores right outside or under my nose since I was a child. There was a period of many years where I didn't get them at all.

The last 5 years I probably only got one a year. More recently I've had one in December and then in February. They usually last about 3 weeks until it finally heals and falls off.

Fortunately I am a man and can grow a mustache until I lose it. I usually get them when I am stressed out and get little sleep or when I get sick. My most recent one was connected with the nasty flu bug.

Is there anything I can do naturally when I feel it coming on? Someone once told me to put ice on the area. Is there something I can eat? Or something I should aviod?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
(male)

fred54 HB User
Re: Cold Sores right outside of my nose

Nothing really works besides Valtrex/Acyclovir but there is a few things you can eat and avoid to strengthen your immune system. Eat lots of yogurt and vegetables especially broccoli and avoid chocolate, nuts, and caffeine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread