It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

shellymiller73 HB User
when

When is the right time to tell your partner you have genital herpes and how do you tell them? I really like this guy and I don't want him to run, but I want to be honest and upfront with him about my herpes.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
(male)

akabob HB User
Re: when

Hi. The time to tell them is now!! Don't wait. You cannot have sex with anyone until you tell them the truth. Then its up to them to commit to you knowing the facts.
I speak from experience. I was married for over six years in the relationship for over 10 years. I have herpes. My wife DIDNT. She tested positive 2 months ago. We will be divorced soon. I have lost everything, My wife my kids , my home. All for not having the guts to tell her the truth. Dont go down the same road Please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: when

You tell him before you are intimate (Obviously someone didn't tell you)...if you aren't planning on sex or he isn't going to be touching you down there in any way then you don't have to say anything. I mean not everyone you meet needs to know unless of course you are going to be more than just friends. I don't know if there is ever a good time to bring up the subject or a way to say it but if you eventually want to be intimate then you will just have to say it...Pick a time when you are just hanging out and say something like 'I just went to the doctor and I'm told I have herpes'....And pick some place where he can leave if he wants to and you aren't stranded somewhere in the boonies. You yourself might get yourself educated so you can give him some facts if he asks. You know ...he may have it himself since so many have it these days. Good luck!

Closed Thread