It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2002, 09:12 AM   #1

sweetbee65 HB User
Question Could a dry patch of skin be herpes?

I have noticed a dry patch of skin just under the head of my boyfriend's penis here lately. I remember back in Feb. that he had a small sore there in about the same spot. We have been together since Dec. of 2001 and the only thing that I have noticed is a few yeast infections on me (which is not out of the ordinary) and maybe a few more canker sores, never cold sores. Could his dry spot be a symptom of herpes and wouldn't I have had some bumps or rashes by now? He thinks it is just dry skin. It is hardly noticeable by looking at it, it just feels a little rough.

Anyone have any answers for me?
Thanks

Old 11-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
It's possible it could be herpes, but I think other things may be more likely, including eczema which can come up as a red spot first, is very itchy, and then settles into a rough, dry spot for a long while before going away. I get these occasionally during times of high stress. It's also possible that it may be a yeast infection caught from you.

He should get a doctor, preferably a dermatologist, to look at it and make a diagnosis. A blood test for herpes (that distinguishes between types HSV-1 and HSV-2) could tell you if he has HSV-2, which is most commonly found in the genital area.

If it's herpes, you may or may not (a) have it or (b) have symptoms if you do have it. If you get a blood test for herpes, it should tell you if you have it. Be aware that most people test positive for HSV-1 (cold sores), and that although a blood test will tell you IF you have either type, it won't tell you WHERE it's located.

But start with your bf getting tested for herpes and seeing a dermatologist. Once you know what he has, you can figure out what your next step is from there.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

TheOneInFour

[This message has been edited by TheOneInFour (edited 11-15-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread