It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 12:36 PM   #1

Hopeful03 HB User
Lightbulb Herbs that heal Herpes

Hey Everyone,

I found a book about different Herbs that heal all sorts of ailments; i've included a list of herbs that act as antivirals for Herpes. The herbs should be boiled in water for maximum effect (like tea). IF they are taken in capsule form they tend to lose their potency.
Here's the list , please do your own research online as far as ordering and/or safety of taking these herbs.

A preperation from Aloe called Carrisyn-- has been claimed that carrisyn directly kills herpes, measels and possibly HIV. They are still researching this though.

Astragalus--- chinese herb

Bearberry---this herb demonstrates antiviral (particuraly strong against herpes and flu)

Bilberry---Extracts of Bilberry have been found to be antiviral in cell culture for herpes simplex virus 2, influenza, and vacinia viruses.

Buckthorn---extract has been found to be active against herpes simplez 1 & 2 in humans.

Cascara Sagrada--- extracts of Cascara have been found to be antiviral against herpes simplez virus 2 and vaccinia virus in cell culture.

Cloves---Clove oil has antiviral activity ahainst herpes.

Echinacea-- aside from being a great immune booster, it is also antitumor and anti-viral.

Juniper Berry---studies have found antiviral activity in cell culture aganst influenza virus a2 and herpes simplez 1 and 2 .

Rasberry, Red---shown to kill herpes virus.

Sage--antiviral agains herpes 2.

Blue- Green Algae---inactivates herpes virus.

Tea Tree---applied externally to treat herpes.

I've been lucky I havent had an outbreak since first 2 months ago. The only thing that upsets me is I read a essay about HPV and HSV and relation to cancer of the cervix ( I have both).I don't know how true it is but there is an essay that says 4 out of 5 people have hpv and 1 out of 4 women have herpes/ 1 out of 5 men have herpes, since men have a harder time contracting this virus. I am planning to do a self cure with some of these herbs, and then get tested for herpes through a blood test (something i have yet to do). I don't know if you guys have places to buy these herbs but where I'm from we have something called "china town" and they have shops that sell this stuff. Many of these herbs cure other ailments so be sure to read
symptoms/side effects.
Please keep me posted about any new findings, and best of luck with the self cures!

p.s. the only post i found with oxygenation was from the 24 of january this year.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful03 For This Useful Post:
Hilly168 (06-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
Hey Hopeful, thanks for the info! I take Kyolic garlic combined with astragalus and vitamin C, which really helps keep my immune system up and running. Can you please give us the title and author of the book, in case someone wants to buy the book?

It's true that 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men has genital herpes (most of which is going to be HSV-2). I don't know about HPV but there are apparently about 100 different strains of the stuff, about 30 of which can be sexually transmitted.

Not all HPV is found in the genital area, and from what I understand, most forms of genital HPV (warts) tend to stay in that area (i.e., won't *necessarily* be transmitted to another part of the body). *Some* forms of genital HPV can cause cervical cancer.

It's not understood exactly what the connection is between genital herpes and cervical cancer, but it's not believed to be a direct cause-and-effect relationship. Rather it's believed to be a correlation whereby some third factor tends to bring them together in the same woman, not that one causes the other. One theory I've read is that women who have genital herpes may be more sexually active with more partners, which would also put them at higher risk to get HPV.

Keep us posted with your progress.

TheOneInFour

Old 05-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #3

sadgirl222 HB User
hey Hopeful,

Thanks a lot for that information! It's always good to hear about new treatments for this. So far I am having a hard time with it, but I won't lose hope. Consider yourself lucky that you haven't had another OB, as I can barely remember when I didn't have one! (since diagnosed in January) About the cervical cancer, just get yourself checked yearly or more if your worried, to be safe. If anything is caught early, you will be FINE!!

The only way I feel that I am getting through this is that I have a great boyfriend who doesn't let my "problem" (I still hate saying the word herpes, it's as if I still am in shock) get in the way of how he feels about me.

Just be glad you can COMFORTABLY go to sleep tonight, as many of us can't Keep us posted with any new information on these herbs and natural remedies, Valtrex doesn't work for us all!

Old 05-02-2003, 10:52 PM   #4

Hopeful03 HB User
hey,

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOneInFour:
Hey Hopeful, thanks for the info! I take Kyolic garlic combined with astragalus and vitamin C, which really helps keep my immune system up and running. Can you please give us the title and author of the book, in case someone wants to buy the book?
The name of the book is Herbs that Heal by Michael A. Weiner, PH.D & Janet A. Weiner
Quote:
[B]

It's true that 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men has genital herpes (most of which is going to be HSV-2). I don't know about HPV but there are apparently about 100 different strains of the stuff, about 30 of which can be sexually transmitted.[B]
From what i understand HPV is a sexually transmitted disease.

Quote:
[B]
It's not understood exactly what the connection is between genital herpes and cervical cancer, but it's not believed to be a direct cause-and-effect relationship. Rather it's believed to be a correlation whereby some third factor tends to bring them together in the same woman, not that one causes the other. One theory I've read is that women who have genital herpes may be more sexually active with more partners, which would also put them at higher risk to get HPV. [B]
No it is not a direct cause effect. There is no correlation. I've had HPV for about 5 years, herpes for 2 months. From what I read the link between the two is the effect it can have on the cervix. Herpes can be on the cervix, if they are present on the cervix, it says the inflammation causd by these lesions may interfere with the immune response to HPV or damage the DNA in HPV infected cells. The herpes virus may also stimulate HPV to replace or to integrate it's DNA into the DNA of cervical cells.
Some interesting stuff huh?.
My college allows me to have access to different publications that have to do with medical research etc. I'll try to update with findings that I come across regarding Herpes, considering this is a Herpes board .

Old 05-02-2003, 11:02 PM   #5
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
From what I've read, HPV is a whole collection of HPV virus strains, just like there are a bunch of different herpes virus strains. But like herpes, they each behave in different ways.

That's really interesting about herpes possibly interfering with the body's defense against HPV. It sounds like having herpes on top of HPV could increase the likelihood of some HPV strains becoming cancerous??? Am I reading that right??? That could certainly explain some of the correlation between herpes and cervical cancer, if it's true. Do keep us updated with what you find. Fascinating stuff!

The1in4

Old 05-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #6

Hopeful03 HB User
hey I wanted to bump up this article because I believe in the natural approach. hope it helps!

[This message has been edited by Hopeful03 (edited 05-31-2003).]

Old 06-02-2003, 04:39 AM   #7

sadgirl222 HB User
Hopeful~~

Which of these natural remedies do you try? Also, I posted a topic about H-Balm (no one responded) but I noticed you were the only one on this board who said they've tried it. Does it work? It is all natural too from what I believe. Do you use it everyday? Where do you buy it?

I, like you, believe these natural approaches are the way to go. I have been OB-Free for days now (which is a first for me!) and think it is due to a combination of OLE, OOO, and tea tree oil. I have never felt better and believe I can "cure" myself soon.

Closed Thread