It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
(male)

jj11 HB User
Smile The Answer to Herpes?

I strongly urge everyone who is on drugs like acyclovir, valtrax, etc. to try Olive leaf extract. It is far less expensive and it is really strong stuff.

I tried had some very scary outbreaks and have tried everything I could get my hands on. I know you guys know the feeling of desperation like I have. I had outbreaks during stress and after going drinking with my friends. I have done a ton of research and have tried everything from l-lysine to DMSO to liquid oxygen. I don't know how much they helped, but I continually had blisters and dry cracking skin where I was infected. DMSO seems to help the healing but so far, nothing had really helped me supress outbreaks (i was getting new outbreaks pretty much just as one ended) until I used olive leaf extract.

If you are interested in trying Olive leaf extract, make sure you get it with 20% Oleuropein, the main active ingredient. I absolutely swear by olive leaf extract. I am not implying that this is a cure, but this is the closest thing for me to the silver bullet as I have tried...and i have tried a ton of stuff.

Some general Info (please note that I am in no way advertising...I just have found this supplement to be amazing as to how it has helped me and would like others to rid themselves of the trauma of having herpes):

[Olive leaf extract is one of nature's best antimicrobial agents. There are approximately 126 pathological microbes which olive leaf extract acts against - many of which are notoriously antibiotic-resistant. Some of these diseases include Chlamydia, Cholera, E. Coli, herpes, Giardia, Hepatitis - A, B, and C, Influenza, Lyme Disease, Meningitis - both viral and bacterial, pneumonia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, shingles, Shigella (a form of dysentery), and vaginitis. The extract is even effective against the dreaded Ebola virus and shows promise, in preliminary studies, as an effective agent against the AIDS virus. Olive leaf extract appears to be more efficacious than any other known antibiotic, either natural or synthetic, both in broad-spectrum capabilities and in potency.] (Please do your own research as to how it does this and how it works.)

I am very interested in hearing your stories if you try this and it works for you. I know how frightening and alone you feel when you first get herpes. I felt very alone, ****** off, embarassed and very insecure. Seemed like every damn thing I tried would only slightly aleviate my condition. Because I know the nightmarish feeling and helplessness of this all, I wish for people on this board to try this if you haven't already done so. Do some digging and research on this. I think this will definitely be worth your while!

If you try olive leaf extract, please reply this message thread and let me know how it goes! Good luck to all! =)=)=)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2003, 10:49 PM   #2

Hopeful03 HB User
Hey!
Yes i completely agree with you!... I've contracted this disease very recently but after my first outbreak i haven't had one since (it's only been about a month and a half though but I really feel that Olive leaf extract is healing or supressing my outbreaks. Also, Olive leaf is good for Yeast infections and fatigue. IT's just great to know that we are ingesting something that is natural as well as good for us than some medicine that may be harmful with side effects.Also, olive leaf is cheap $6.99 for liquid form .I really think nature has all our cures and Olive leaf happens to be a great beginning. I hope people try it and see how it works for them. Best of Luck!

Old 04-21-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
(male)

jj11 HB User
Great to hear from you Hopeful03! I am glad that you replied and had a positive experience with this! I wish to spread the word and hope that everyone will find the relief that I have with OLE! I hope I get more replies like yours! =)

Old 04-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #4

ScaredGirlHere HB User
Question

Can you get olive leaf extract at health food, GNC-type places? It's not in the supplement section at the grocery store, anyway.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:58 PM   #5

sadgirl222 HB User
Yes you can get it at GNC...at least I did a few weeks ago. I do have a question though, for those of you with success with olive leaf...
What is the dosage that helps you?? On the bottle I bought, it is 1 250mg capsule once a day. I have read on Websites that the recommended dosage is 500mg 3 times a day. That is what I have been doing since I started about 3 weeks ago. I did start feeling that "die off" effect it talks about, which I think was a good thing. I stopped taking it for awhile during this, but now am back on. Although I am new at taking this, it does seem to be working. I have had continuous problems since diagnosed in January this year, and nothing has really helped completely. I've even been on 1gr. Valtrex daily for months. This past week, I have had major relief with my symptoms, and they seem to be going away. It is too soon to tell if it will stay this way, but I am hoping! From what I've read so far, I have much beleif in this product!

I will post more about this--since I still am new at taking this.

Also, I know 20% of the extract is recommended, but I have 10%. Is this going to lessen the effects? Again, it seems to be helping me tremendously.

Old 04-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #6
(male)

jj11 HB User
Talking

Hey all!
Good to see more replies!

To answer some questions:
The dosage does matter as far as potency. The larger the dose, the stronger the effects. The bottles I got have 150 mg, so I don't hesitate to take one per meal or even a couple after drinking alcohol or caffine. Oleuropein is the main active ingredient so it would probably benefit you more if you got the 20%.

I suggest doing a search for Olive leaf extract to find some good prices...but pay close attention to the dosages on the labels. The company Purit*ns Pr*de has good, affordable ones. Again, make sure you read the labels for potency.

Another product I've been looking into is Neem and Grapefruit seed extract. My research has found that GSE is supposedly more potent than Olive leaf extract, but should not be taken on a daily basis...only when you feel sick or are having an OB. Apparently it's strong enough that you need to dilute it...so that might be something folks would wanna do some research on.

For the time being, i'm gonna stick with the OLE since it's worked wonders for me.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:47 AM   #7

mutz HB User
Hi Joe!

After reading your interesting posts, I am now trying the OLE. I am taking an 18% solution in liquid form---the ambiguous dose of 2 droppers/day.

I am going to check out your link to see if I can get it cheaper.

I first took it last night and I took 2 droppers full right away. Within an hour I was experiencing body aches and I had to pee a lot. I think that it was getting rid of cells---that's what happens to my hubby on chemo.

I cut down to 1 dropper this am. When I got up this morning and in the night to pee, the bottoms of my feet ached! That is a new one.

Off subject a little: I got thinking about this last night---I experienced about 3 weeks of major body aches this winter. I remember going to bed and crying. I went to the doctor and they did several tests and told me that I had a virus and there was nothing that they could do. Told me to take Naproxyn for the aching. Now I really wonder if that couldn't have been herpes with no outbreak. Not that it really matters, now.

I am going to keep a journal to monitor progress.

Mutz

Old 04-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #8

dazed and confused HB User
WOW! I have so many questions I don't know where to start. Last week I also picked up a bottle of OLE at the GNC store. It is in capsule form. The problem is that it only contains 10% oleuropein. From what I understand it should have at least 20%. I have done a search and I can't find any that contain 20% oleuropein. To get the 20% should I take more than what the dosage says, It says 1 a day? Also, what is the "die off" effect? Is that when the OLE is killing the virus and do you always feel achey? How long should you keep taking the OLE?

If anyone has more knowledge about this I would love to hear. I can't find alot on the internet.

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:02 PM   #9

dazed and confused HB User
WOW! I have so many questions I don't know where to start. Last week I also picked up a bottle of OLE at the GNC store. It is in capsule form. The problem is that it only contains 10% oleuropein. From what I understand it should have at least 20%. I have done a search and I can't find any that contain 20% oleuropein. To get the 20% should I take more than what the dosage says, It says 1 a day? Also, what is the "die off" effect? Is that when the OLE is killing the virus and do you always feel achey? How long should you keep taking the OLE?

If anyone has more knowledge about this I would love to hear. I can't find alot on the internet.

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #10

mutz HB User
No doubt it's because you're dazed and confused!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #11

Hopeful03 HB User
Cool

hehe dazed and confused, from what I read the "die off" effect starts right away or in a few days , basically your body is fighting off all sorts of viruses and bacteria. When this happens your body is overwhelmed and gets tired. They say that if that happens you can lower your dosage and drink a lot of water. IT doesn't last long but afterwards they say you feel better than ever .

Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #12
(male)

jj11 HB User
Hey guys!
Let's see if I can answer your questions.

Mutz:
The body aches you had might have been from what's called Herxheimers Reaction. This is a detoxification reaction that happens when a large concentration of dead microbes accumulate in your body. It is not harmful, but might make you feel fatigue, diarrhea, headaches, muscle/joint aches or flu-like symptoms. If it get's bad, you can back off a bit, which I see is what you did. After your body get's used to the OLE, and has cleansed itself out, you should be able to have normal dosages again.
Keep us posted! =)

Dazed and Confused:
If you go to [url="http://www.***********"]www.***********[/url] and do a search on olive leaf extract, there are a lot of sites that sell it with 20% oleuropein. Actually the first web site to the right (one of the ads) has a 3 for 1 sale. That's the one I get. The dosages are 150mg even though the consensus is to take 500mg dosages. I sometimes take 2 pills at a time. The die-off effect is Herxheimers Reaction, which is mentioned and described above to Mutz.

Hope this helps you guys!

Side note: After I got infected, and during one of my non-OB times, I would get those gigantic starbucks fraps which are loaded with caffine (bad for herpes), but I just took two OLE and no OB for the first time after those. I'm not advocating "eat whatever you want." You should definitely stick to a good healthy diet to prevent OB's, but maybe it's a testament to how well OLE works. Gotta enjoy some 4 dollar cup o junk food sometimes =)

Old 04-23-2003, 11:09 PM   #13
(male)

jj11 HB User
Talking

Hey UnluckyGirl,

I'm sure the cleansing bar would work externally, but a virus lives internally so I would think that it would not be nearly as effective as taking the capsules.

I look at this as a war and I would want to attack the virus from all sides.

I had researched that DMSO is able to penetrate the skin and bring in substances on the skins surface with great effectiveness. I have also found that the herpes virus tends to lay dormant on nerve endings in the spine. People claim that applying DMSO to your spine will help to "cure" herpes. I'm not so sure, but if this is true, I am considering using the contents of the extract and mixing it with the dmso to apply to the spine. So far i've had no reoccurances but I'll look into it.

Old 04-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #14
(male)

Nonexist HB User
Anything that is going to go deep into our bodies to clear out any toxins (such as food preservatives, air pollution, toxic residue from antibiotics and other medications, harmful microbes, bacteria, and viruses) will cause the healing reactions you guys are talking about. Your body locks these poisons away deep inside its cells to cause as little harm as possible. Over time they accumulate and bog you down, slowing the immune system and the absorption of vitamins and minerals. But, any time the body expels these toxins, they have to re-enter your system, causing Herxheimer’s Reaction, he was the doctor who first described it.

I had always meant to try Olive Leaf Extract and also Tea Tree Oil but haven’t yet. When you guys started testifying to its effectiveness I instantly thought “DMSO”. If you are thinking about using DMSO, you should read the post titled “Oxygenation – very important in our fight against herpes”. I’m a big believer that you can end outbreaks forever with it (because I have done it….so far), but it’s a dangerous product if you don’t know all the facts. I would be extremely interested to see how applying an OLE/DMSO or tea tree oil/DMSO mixture to the spine would affect the virus. Don’t be discouraged if it causes a severe OB, remember the healing reaction. This means that you actually reached the virus and flushed some of it out of your system through the skin.

We’re getting somewhere here! Looks like I may not be the only one to rid myself of this awful pest! Just don’t believe that there is no cure, that’s simply one of the millions of lies you are told to make you a complacent “pawn citizen” as I call it.

Nonexist

Old 04-24-2003, 07:36 AM   #15

mutz HB User
Nonexist,

Where is this oxygenation post? Could you please bump it up? I cannot find it with a search. Thanks!

I think that there could be a vaccine developed for this illness though I don't know about a 'cure'.

Viruses are very strange critters.

It sounds like you are an activist on this issue. I would like to get active locally and nationally. We need to come out of the closet and holler to bring attention to this disease and start getting more funding for research.

As a start, I would be very interested in helping to organize a national or regional conference for health care providers and the public.

What do people think about this?

Mutz

Closed Thread