It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #1

mridley HB User
Unhappy Blisters on back of Tongue - Sore Throat

Hi all. I have blisters appearing on the back of my tongue and causing a sore throat. The blisters are 2mm or less in size and are not white or black just increased size of my taste buds. Lower in my throat I have what feels near my voice box or adams apple an inflamed feeling of soreness. I had oral thrush about 14yrs ago and nothing since..and that was white spotting...not the same as this but similar feeling. If anyone has any ideas please could you let me know. many thanks.. And thanks for the great board

Old 06-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #2
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
Hi Mridley,

I'm not a doctor and can't offer a diagnosis, of course, but my understanding is that it's very unusual for herpes to appear *inside* the mouth. From what I've read, if it does it's usually just inside the lips.

A doctor would probably be able to offer a diagnosis, but it doesn't sound like herpes to me. I've had swollen nodules on the back of my tongue before and I think it was just my body trying to fight off a virus or something like a flu. Some echinacea or garlic (e.g., Kyolic garlic capsules) might help your system to fight whatever it's fighting, assuming it's not herpes (which I doubt it is).

Good luck! And let us know what you find out.

TheOneInFour

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2003, 11:09 AM   #3

mridley HB User
Thanks for the advice. See I'm away from home so sorting out a Doctors appointment is a hassle but I will do that. I was just hoping for some advice or even opinions. Thank you for your reply

Old 06-22-2003, 12:12 PM   #4
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
You're welcome. There might be a walk-in clinic where you are.

The1in4

Old 06-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #5

dbw115 HB User
Wink

My husband and I have the same thing. It is a virus that is circulating. It appears like strep throat with the pharyngitis/tonsillitis and "strawberry tongue." However, we both have a very sensitive spot on the left side of our tongues in addition to the "enlarged taste buds" at the back of our throats. It is quite miserable. We saw different doctors, both of which prescribed antibiotics for the bacterial infection. This a strange virus for it not to be strep. However, after being on antibiotics for 3 days, there is improvement. Unfortunately, we have new rogue viruses cropping up everywhere.

Old 06-28-2003, 02:41 PM   #6

mridley HB User
Wink

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right although I am sorry to hear that I am not the only one with these syptoms. I popped along to my local GP and like you said she gave me a slip for Difflam "Oral Rinse" Benzydamine hydrochchloride. It seems to be working.. well at least compared with Salt Warm water or antiseptic mouthwash. Thanks for all your replies I hope the investigation above helps someone else too!! GET WELL SOON.

Closed Thread