It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #1

mutz HB User
Post garlic and cayenne

Is anybody out there using garlic and cayenne?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
Hey Mutz!

I will often use Kyolic garlic with astragalus and vitamin C to boost my immune system. I'm highly allergic to echinacea so I've had to find other immune boosters, and I find the Kyolic is great for that. When I feel a cold or flu coming on or when I'm feeling run down, I will take 2 or 3 capsules every hour or two for a couple of days and it really helps.

I haven't tried cayenne.

How are you doing these days, btw? You were going through a rough time in your relationship a while back, as I recall. How are you making out?

1in4

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 02:55 PM   #3

rubycube HB User
I often take garlic and vit C- together they can be awesome for your immune system. I have honestly never noted any boost with Echinacea.
I have never used cayenne- and probably couldn't try it for awhile, but I am interested to hrear what you have heard on the subject.

Old 07-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #4

mutz HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by TheOneInFour:

How are you doing these days, btw? You were going through a rough time in your relationship a while back, as I recall. How are you making out?

1in4[/B]

Thanks for asking! We are doing better, mostly, I think because I am doing better since I started on the meds. Prior to that it was pretty depressing.

Returning to somewhat of our old pattern really makes a difference.

Mutz

Old 07-10-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by rubycube:
I often take garlic and vit C- together they can be awesome for your immune system. I have honestly never noted any boost with Echinacea.
I have never used cayenne- and probably couldn't try it for awhile, but I am interested to hrear what you have heard on the subject.
I keep hearing how Echinacea is supposed to be so great to prevent or speed healing of a cold or flu. They put it in *everything* these days! Even lip balm for crying out loud! LOL I bought some once and couldn't understand why I was breaking out around my mouth. I read the (microscopically printed) ingredients on a hunch and sure enough, there it was! Lip balm!!?? Geesh! Anyway, I assume it's good for colds and flus because it helps to boost the immune system.

As for Cayenne, the GNC website (which is a very good one for herbs, supplements and alternative treatment info) says it can act to calm nerve pain when applied topically. So it's possible it might help any itching, tingling, etc. associated with an OB, but I don't know if it might also aggravate it too (it is a hot pepper, after all!). I really don't know.

The1in4

Old 07-10-2003, 09:23 PM   #6
Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by mutz:
Thanks for asking! We are doing better, mostly, I think because I am doing better since I started on the meds. Prior to that it was pretty depressing. Returning to somewhat of our old pattern really makes a difference.
I'm so glad your relationship is healing along with your body!

The1in4

Closed Thread