It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
(female)

brightsmiles3 HB User
Exclamation Confused about herpes!

I am really confused about this particular situation with myelf and my fiance'. I had a cold sore on the corner of my lip, and we had oral sex. The second day he got some white bumps on his penis, and he had a couple of sore ones that busted...kinda looked like blackheads but he said they hurt. About the fourth day he went to the doctor to find out whether they could let him know what it was and the doctor said it was herpes. What i'm trying to find out is if the possibility of him getting genital herpes could come from my cold sore on my lip or could it be something else? If it is genital herpes..can I get it? When do we know when to resume to have intercourse. We haven't had intercourse for the last two weeks and he says they are small sores now, but have not completely gone away. I'm confused and obviously not very educated about this matter. Can someone please relieve my stress and anxiety to a minimum. Thank you!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User
Re: Confused about herpes!

It is possible for him to get HSV 1 (usually cold sores) genitally from oral sex. You both should get a blood test to make sure what you have and don't have. Yes, he could now pass it back to you genitally. So, wait until the sores are completely gone before having sex. A condom for a couple of days after things have healed isn't a bad idea either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread