It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

KD21 HB User
Spreading herpes all over your body??? sorry, long.

This might sound crazy, but is it possible to spread herpes to other regions of your body besides the genital and mouth areas...? i was diagnosed with HSV-2 over 6 years ago now. in the begining i took supressive therapy for over a year straight and it really seemed to help once i stopped, because i didnt have any major outbreaks for a long time...now, 6 years later, i think ive somehow spread it to other parts of my body (i was thinking via razor i shave my legs and other parts with..i dont know??) about a week ago i started getting little pimple like bumps on my thighs and knee area that were itchy and painful a little. then my stomach developed a few small knicks that itched. my back (which i dont shave) has also developed very small sores. more like little bumps that itch. and the reason why im almost POSITIVE this is herpes is because the first bump i noticed on my arm (which i dont shave), almost in the fold of it, turned into a dime size sore! it itches. its flakey. kinda scabbed over looking...i just can not believe this! i started taking my valtrex again because i feel itchy (like nerves) all over..
has anyone heard of anything like this at all...i dont know how this happened because its not like i have bad hygene or having been doing anything out the norm...i did have a lot of sun exposure and sweated a lot at a recent baseball game..? im grasping at straws here. i dont know what to think, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

sorry so long!
thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Spreading herpes all over your body??? sorry, long.

It is probably not herpes. People do not break out around the knees and arms. If it looks like herpes, it might be shingles. Have a doctor look at it soon as possible so you can start treatment soon. It could also be a lot of other things.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

KD21 HB User

Thank you for your feedback MOT, although, im convinced its herpes. i have a doctors appt today in an hour, so wish me luck! i will definitely report back what she finds.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

KD ~

Doesn't sound like herpes to me, either. Sounds more of an allergic reaction to something. Sounds like you need OTC Benadryl. I take this for my eczema, hives, bug bites, etc. Good luck @ the doctors and let us know what happens.....

Feel Better, -Ornament

Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

Hi,
one way of knowing for sure whether these sores in other areas are herpetic
is to get a viral culture test done for these specific sores......you can get them done when the lesions are fresh.

hope this helps !

Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
(female)

KD21 HB User

Thanks everyone for showing your support! well the doctor took one look at them and said, these are not herpes sores...(laughing at myself for being paranoid!) she did however say that they are some form of bacterial...and the big one on my arm that sorta looks like a herpes sore, she cultured. should know what it is on thursday. she said the reason why that one might have grown is because maybe it got infected with a fungus (eeww) or something...NOW, im even more dumbfounded because this makes me sound dirty or like someone who practices bad hygiene, and im neither of those anyhow she put me on an antibiotic and gave me a cream for the bigger one on my arm. the itching has gone away from the big one. and after one dose, the other little lession like bumps have kinda dried out and some have scabbed over a bit. although ive found a few new ones that i didnt feel before today...they still kinda itch. anyhow, again, thanks for your support! will report back in a few days when the culture results get in.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User

KD ~
Keep in mind bad things happen to good people......-Orn

Closed Thread