It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 08:12 AM   #1

Girliegirl HB User
Post How do I tell?: Herpes vs. ingrown hair?

I found one small bump on the outermost lip of my vagina while showering. It doesn't hurt or sting, and it feels like a pimple, but it won't come to a head. It's just kind of pink, in fact it's hard to even see it, you wouldn't know if it's there unless you felt it. It is in an area that I shave, so I'm wondering if it's an ingrown hair or something more serious.

Does this sound like herpes or HPV warts to anyone?

Old 10-14-2003, 07:03 AM   #2
(male)

confused20 HB User
For the most part u can tell when it's not an ingrown hair. Herpes is usually something that stands out and is painful (according to my doctors) but from what I hear here and everywhere else, it might be a possibility to mistake the 2. I think if it's an ingrown hair it will last a long time. Herpes usually come and go fairly quick. Just go get it checked to be sure. I had something similar and I thought it was Herpes, but after a while a lot more came out and hairs came out of them, and I realized they were razor bumps. Atleast I hope. Have u had any other symptoms? Or a reason to believe u have Herpes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #3

ruffryde685 HB User
you said if its ingrown hairs it will last a long time what do you mean by a long time like hours or months days. and what do u mean by herpes comes and goes quick like hours days, months im just trying to get specifics

Old 10-14-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
(male)

confused20 HB User
Herpes FOR THE MOST part last about a week. Ingrown hairs can last for over a month. So if u got something like that, it's most likely an ingrown hair. If it's just there and doesn't do anything that's what it most likely is. That's what my doctor has told me anyways.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #5

ruffryde685 HB User
instead of buggin u by keep askin u questions confused im gonna describe mind for u and then tell me what u think mine are just like red spots on my thighs they do have hair coming out of them some if i look close enough it looks like i can see tangeled or curled hair if i look real close but all my hair on my thighs are just starting to grow so i dunno but the red spots i have had them for about 3 months now they sorta come and go i guess you could every couple of days they will fade away and then a couple more will pop up but only on my thighs no where else on my body i know the only way to know is to get tested which im bout to do in the next few days my legs never itch or nothin i have no blisters just red spots the spots last for a few days then fade away then new ones appear they don't hurt either. so if it were ingrown hairs would the red spots move or would they stay in the same location cause mind move thanks

Old 10-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #6

Don dada HB User
I have bumps/marks just like those. My docs (all 13 of them) told me not to worry.

I not only have them on my thighs but also my butt, upper back, lower back, shoulders, stomach, chest, calves, and feet.

they just seem to pop up. I get nervous each time i see one. They dont hurt though....not one bit of pain.

These bumps for me may or may not be releated to a yeast infection I have after using very powerful antibiotics for 3 weeks (to knock out a urinary tract infection that spread to my testicles and kidneys)

Closed Thread