It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: Happy Couples

Yippee! Sounds like you've got a winner, Cassie!

Old 07-18-2004, 07:35 PM   #62
Inactive
(male)

skynetop HB User

I am a guy and can deal with it all.
I found out that I have HSV2 about over a week ago. Not really sure where it came from. At frist I thought it was from this new girl I have been dating. I was with her sexually a week before my first ob.

Nothing really bothered me and she even said its prolly nothing. Well it turned out to be something and I was positive for hsv2. She was negative and wants to help me in any way she can.

Shes not scared of getting it and is very positive when we speak about it.

I wanted to add this in this thread since I am just starting out in this relationship and everything seems to be going well.

I thought at first it would ruin it all, but it made us a lil closer.
Dont think your life is over, just think of it as change ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

bumping for those who need to read it! Life can be good with herpes!

Old 08-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #64

SynGirl HB User

Thanks for bumping this thread backpacker!

I too have a good story. My boyfriend and I were friends a pretty long time before we dated. We started dating eventually and about 6 months into the relationship I had my first outbreak. I had no idea what herpes really was or what it looked like so all these sores freaked me out so I wound up going to the emergency room where they gave me a culture test and I got a call a few days later that notified me I tested positive for GH. At first I was devestated and so was my boyfriend, he thought I had cheated on him and that he wasn't sure if he wanted to be with me anymore. But the more we talked and the more research on the virus that we did the more we realized that this is something we can live with together. We have been together for almost 2 years now and we have chosen to keep having sex without condoms. We have a theory that maybe my boyfriend could have very well given it to me through having cold sores in his mouth that he's gotten since he was a kid. But we just gave up trying to pin-point the hows and whys and have just dealt withit. He is definatly the man I want to be with for the rest of my life and he feels the same about me. We talk about marriage all the time, we have lived together for the entire relationship, and we are practicly married! LOL! Sometimes things do work out for people like us!

Old 08-13-2004, 11:06 PM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cheer up, Sadgirl! These stories should help.

Old 08-14-2004, 04:11 PM   #66

ImASadGirl22 HB User

Thanks.

Its good to read about people that have found love and have been accepted by others. I hope that if my test does come back positive on monday, that I will find someone to love me and accept me, like all of you have.

thank you for bumping this thread up!

Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #67
Senior Veteran
(female)

Once more.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #68

lifechange HB User

My man and I both have herpes. Is there anyone who finds that lots of lovemaking causes outbreaks. We made love A LOT this weekend and although I am on Valtrex, I have a tiny outbreak today. We don't practise hard core or rough sex, but our frequency was high. Is it possible to aggravate or trigger it by having a lot of sex? Advice would be much appreciated.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:18 PM   #69
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sure, lots of rubbing--even gentle--can get it going. Does for me sometimes.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:35 AM   #70
(male)

BurnedByAnAngel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifechange
My man and I both have herpes. Is there anyone who finds that lots of lovemaking causes outbreaks. We made love A LOT this weekend and although I am on Valtrex, I have a tiny outbreak today. We don't practise hard core or rough sex, but our frequency was high. Is it possible to aggravate or trigger it by having a lot of sex? Advice would be much appreciated.
have you tried lubrication? (ky, astoglide, etc.) even if the sex isnt hard core or rough sex the lube should reduce a lot of friction that you might not even notice. when i have sex with this girl who has H2 im the only one that gets outbreaks but we never use lube, even though we are in the future, to see if that helps...let me know if that works for you.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #71

flambe HB User

I really want to thank everyone for sharing their expeiences.
I just found out last night that the girl I've fallen for has GH. While I would never use it as a reason for breaking-up. It did scare me. We haven't been intimate yet, but it is coming. Reading all your wonderful post has given me a lot of positive confidence that all will be ok. Plus now I have the knowledge to take care of her and myself.

And as far as I've been reading about being positve and keeping OB undercontrol. Many times I have see positive thinking cure cancer so I believe it would go a long way in keeping OB's under control.

Thanks again you've put my fear at rest.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #72
Inactive

its_not_fair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambe
I really want to thank everyone for sharing their expeiences.
I just found out last night that the girl I've fallen for has GH. While I would never use it as a reason for breaking-up. It did scare me. We haven't been intimate yet, but it is coming. Reading all your wonderful post has given me a lot of positive confidence that all will be ok. Plus now I have the knowledge to take care of her and myself.

And as far as I've been reading about being positve and keeping OB undercontrol. Many times I have see positive thinking cure cancer so I believe it would go a long way in keeping OB's under control.

Thanks again you've put my fear at rest.
Not worthit bro...dump her. There are plenty more disease-less fish in the see. I'm not tryin to be a d!ck...but its the truth.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:39 PM   #73

Alex76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_not_fair
Not worthit bro...dump her. There are plenty more disease-less fish in the see. I'm not tryin to be a d!ck...but its the truth.
its not fair,

I suppose you are really feeling down because of this infection. I myself went through this period when I was first infected too. And I do feel down whenever there is a recurrence too.

I am a single guy by the way. And I do hope to get married one day. BUt I dreaded the day when my partner will get infected with this horrible disease. BUt I can't comtemplate staying alone for the rest of my life.

How's your recurrences? I have it like once every 3 months. That 's quite frequent. And the outbreaks will last for around 2 weeks and it's quite painful.

How old are you by the way? I am 28 this year.

Hope everything will turn out well for you.

Take care

Alex

The following user gives a hug of support to Alex76:
mcsag14 (01-26-2011)
Old 09-18-2004, 02:47 AM   #74
Senior Veteran
(female)

flambe and itsnotfair--perhaps there are many other disease-less fish. But more often there are some who know they have a disease and others who don't. Testing very often shows false negatives or is done too soon after contact to show anything. So it is very possible that the person you choose because you believe he/she is diseaseless actually has something but doesn't know it. In that case, you are taking more of a risk sleeping with someone who doesn't know and doesn't try to protect you than from someone who does know and who checks him/herself before sex and takes all other precautions mentioned.

Also, notfair, you have mentioned many times that you used a condom, like that should have protected you, but I have heard many people say, and have read a few different places, that condoms do not protect one from herpes, since often (such as in my case) the ob sites are not within the area protected. In fact, condoms don't protect you 100% from anything--even pregnancy. Whether you use condoms or not, it's a good idea to wash up right after and/or use the peroxide that serial is so fond of.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bump! This is too good a thread to lose.

Closed Thread