It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
(male)

Magus353 HB User
Paranoia and too many different answers

There is much debate on the internet about herpes. About type 1 and 2. Some say that you can give yourself type 2 if you touch a cold sore and then touch your genitals. Other believe that it is impossible. And other say that you can get type 1 on your genitals, possibly get a single outbreak, then it will go away.

Months ago my girlfriend gave me oral sex when she had a coldsore. She's been very nervous that she gave me herpes there. I have not seen any sores but there are many small bumps on my penis. They almost look like the little bumps that are where pubic hair is, you know when you tug on the pubes a little and the bump raises? Of course I cannot for the life of me remember seeing them before. I am wondering, are those genital herpes? If so they have stayed for a couple months. I saw my doctor and she said that they could just be my skin texture or are caused from heat but they don't look serious.

Another question I have is my girlfriend asks me to check her genital area every now and then (refer to touching cold sores and touching genitals question) because she fears she may have them. Now please keep in mind that we have never had intercourse. When I checked her most recently I saw bumps similar to mine in the real lower part of her vagina just above the anus. To me it seemed like skin texture or possibly very fine hairs but I didn't want to try and pull on them.

Could someone please help me? I have had sex before she and I met but I protected myself.

If you need any other answers just ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Paranoia and too many different answers

You should find the Herpes Handbook for the answers. It is by Terri Warren and available on the Internet.

If you touch a cold sore and then touch your genitals, you definately cannot get type 2 since cold sores are type 1. It is unlikely that you would spread the virus to different parts of your body unless it is the initial infection and your body had not build up antibodies yet. The virus need warm moist areas to spread so your finger is not likely to carry the virus. They say many children have oral type 1 (from kissing relatives), put their fingers in their mouths and touch their genitals and they don't seem to get genital herpes.

You're right, genital type 1 is usually mild with infrequent outbreaks but the first outbreak can be terrible. It also doesn't spread easily to another person's genitals.

If your girlfriend is paranoid that she gave herself genital herpes, she should not be. Unless she has red patch and itching or pain, she is probably OK. A blood test would not help since she has oral herpes and a positive result does not tell where the virus is. If she has type 1 genitally, she would need an actual outbreak which can be swabbed. It is, as I said before rare for a person to have same virus in more than one location unless it was the initial exposure or they have a weakness in their immune system.

As for your sex life with her, your biggest concern would be getting oral herpes from kissing her mouth. You may already have it though since the majority of people do have it and don't know it. Test yourself and it you both have type 1, you don't have to worry about it.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
(male)

Magus353 HB User
@matter of time

Thank you very much for time and information. I appreciate it greatly. Just reading it alone has made me feel better.

Closed Thread