It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

msG8 HB User
recent

I just found out i contractd genitals herpes, from only having sex with one person. He showed no signs. I have many questions.

I performed oral sex on him before i knew he had it, does that mean that i have genital herpes of the mouth? and if so can my antiviral pills help surpress in the mouth as well as the genitals? What should i look for in my mouth?

If my partner and I decide to stay together, will he be able to get me pregnant without infecting the baby?

Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Re: recent

Sorry about your recent diagnosis. ******** the manual from Terri Warren, it's free and will answer your questions. Herpes is an emotional rollercoaster at first, but learning about the virus is essential.
Good Luck, -Ornament

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msG8 View Post
I just found out i contractd genitals herpes, from only having sex with one person. He showed no signs. I have many questions.

I performed oral sex on him before i knew he had it, does that mean that i have genital herpes of the mouth? and if so can my antiviral pills help surpress in the mouth as well as the genitals? What should i look for in my mouth?

If my partner and I decide to stay together, will he be able to get me pregnant without infecting the baby?
Herpes simplex 1 tends to favour the mouth while herpes simplex 2 favours the genitals but they can both occur in either location dependent on how they were contracted.
It is not really important which type you have as they both produce the same symptoms - small sores that burn and/or itch. It is unusual for the sores to occur inside the mouth although it is possible. The first signs of an outbreak are intense localised burning or itching about 24 hours before the sore appears.
When one or both partners have a herpes infection, pregnancy is not a problem although the gynaecologist may recommend a Caesarean birth if the mother has a herpes outbreak on the genitals.
The infection is not spread from mother to baby in the blood.
The antiviral pills are probably acyclovir (Valtrex) which suppress the viral activity anywhere in the body so long as you take them as prescribed.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

msG8 HB User

thank you for your help.

Closed Thread