It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
(male)

dadirac HB User
Question 3 outbreaks in the last 3 months, is this normal?

I infected my wife last May 2008 and she had already 3 outbreaks from June to this month of August. Is this normal? The first outbreak was in her clitoris area that lasted for about 2 weeks, the second one was in her buttocks, and last week it was on her waist line. She is not taking any medicines at all. The only time she took medicines was when I infected her last May because she could not bear the pain at that time. Any advice? Medicines, supplements, foods that she should take and avoid. With 3 outbreaks in the last 3 months, does this mean that she will be getting one every month? Please help. I am working abroad, but almost have a daily contact with her through email.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
(female)

harley6 HB User
Re: 3 outbreaks in the last 3 months, is this normal?

My boyfriend infected me in June 2008 with Type 1 Genital. We believe I contracted this by him giving me oral sex. He didn't even know that he has Type 1 oral. I just had a few sores in the vaginal area that did test positive for Type 1 but my bloodwork came back negative which means this is a recent contraction for me. I have not have an outbreak since the first and the first only lasted 2 days. By the 3rd day, I couldn't see anything and by the 7th day my gyno said I was all clear. When I noticed things weren't right down below, I immediately saw my gyno who immediately put on Valtrex and took 2 a day for five days then continued to take 1 everyday until I asked my doc if I could switch to Acyclovir which is cheaper. I have been taking Acyclovir daily, continue to have sex with my boyfriend and have not had any outbreaks (knock on wood) since the first. I have always taken a prenatal vitamin, L-Lysine, triple omega and fiber chews before I contraced Type 1 so maybe since I have always taken this mix, my immune system is strong...not sure. I rarely get sick. I feel for your wife! If I had problems like that I'd be calling my gyno. There is no reason to suffer when meds can help. I've read on here that even though Type 1 and 2 are the same virus, I also read that Type 1 is not as active so depending on what your wife has, that might be the reason for the continuous outbreaks. I'm still learning about all this. Also I've read on here that stress and a low immune system can bring on outbreaks too. I have a very high stressful job and again, no outbreaks since the first. And other women have complained they get outbreaks either before or after their period. I continuously take my birth control pills for 12 weeks straight (have been doing this for years) and only have 4 periods a year. So, that might be helping me avoid the outbreaks. I did have my period about 3 weeks after the first outbreak but didn't have another outbreak after. I might be a rare case though. I didn't and don't seem to be suffereing as much as most of the posters on here. I hope your wife get's better soon!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
(male)

dadirac HB User

A feeling of deep guilt, that's what I felt. If only I know that I have herpes I could have done everything that I could in order that my wife would not suffer what she is undergoing right now. I don't know that I carry the virus because I could not remember any episode of an outbreak. I had bouts of STDs before I got married in 1990, and had even infected my wife on the first month of our marriage. I had an affair after getting married but that was 15 years ago, and I had been loyal to my wife since then, and here it comes, my past catches up on me. Dwelling in the past will not help at all, that's why I told my wife that we have to move on, together. Thanks for people like you here in healthboards, my wife's life is slowly returning back to normal, getting out of isolation, and she will be seeing the doctor again this coming week.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

The virus affects everyone differently. Some women do get monthly outbreaks that coincide with their periods. If she is getting outbreaks that often she should be on daily suppressive medicine like Valtrex. Ask her doctor about it. Over time, she should get fewer outbreaks.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
(female)

harley6 HB User

My bf feels guilty too but I just blew it off as it's a cold sore down below for me and that's it. A lot of people get cold sores and it is herpes Type 1. So, don't feel guilty. It is what it is. Just work through it together. Believe it or not, this whole thing has made my bf and I even closer. Don't dwell on the past...move on and work on the future.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

I have a couple friends that have herpes. One broke out next to never and the other one was getting constant outbreaks until she started taking Vitamin C. She took 2 thousand miligrams a day and her outbreaks literally ceased within a 3 week period of time.

Last edited by cathy1; 08-24-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Closed Thread