It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
(male)

vbond HB User
Getting cold sores from oral sex

After my wife gives me fellatio, she sometimes gets a cold sore. Is there a link and what should I do about it?

Note about her: She has always had cold sores and takes lysine tablets to stop the severity. For the past 5 years, she probably gets a cold sore twice a year. Cold sores (more often than not) seem to appear a day or two after fellatio.

Note about me: I have no symptons of cold sores or herpes. Do I have the virus but show no symptons.

The questions:
1. Due to my wife being prone to cold sores, it is difficult to know if fellatio and/or I am the cause. How can I find out if I am the cause? What can I/we do about it?
2. While my wife performs fellatio, I usually perform cunnilingus before kissing her on the mouth. Can I be transferring something from her vagina to her mouth which results in her getting cold sores?

You advice would be much appreciated.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

gwoman HB User
Re: Getting cold sores from oral sex

Just curious, if she only gets cold sores twice a year what are you concerned about? I mean is there complaining or accusations going on? Is she suffering horribly and unbearable for either of you? Lysine has totally helped me when I get a cold sore, less pain and it does not last long or get hideous. We might have GH and I was wondering when I could start performing fellatio on him again and what would happen to me if I did, I am really scared to, but I desire to at the same time.

It is my understanding that you can pass it on w/out having symptons. But, you all are doing quite a bit there, like your performing cunnilingus on her and then kissing her on the mouth. I would do some investigating right here. The next time you all have oral sex, don't kiss afterward, maybe only before hand and see what happens. Process of elimination. Also, it sounds like you either have oral sex only a few times in a year or that you have oral sex more frequently and only a few times a year she gets a cold sore. I believe there could be a link, but not necessarily and about what to do, I think you are doing some of it already (lysine). I bet if you searched these boards you could find out what other people are doing about cold sores. At any rate, I must say that you have encouraged me to try again and that makes me very happy. I hope you all are happy, you sound like you are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Getting cold sores from oral sex

Your wife gets cold sores because she has the virus. If oral sex seems to bring it on, it could be the rubbing that causes it. You are not transferring anything to her. You are not re-infecting her. You probably have the virus already with no symptoms but either way, that has nothing to do with her outbreaks.

Closed Thread