It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

drewhendy1970 HB User
Urgent Question, is this Herpes? So scared

9/23/08:
Hello, this may be a little longer of a post, but I need to get the wisdom of these board members, this is all new, and I am not sure if I have Herpes or not. This will effect my relationship, maybe even divorce if it comes out that I do, so that is why I am so serious and scared...

The sex that I had with unknown partners back in 2002 - 03. and oral with a condom on in 2008. I was wearing a condom so as not to get Hiv. My question is this, I am scared if I have herpes. On my penis(located on the "ridge" part), I have a few pimple looking like bumps, almost look similar to a white head on face, before the puss comes out. I did have an outbreak of canker like sores in my mouth at the beginning of the year, and went to the Doctor because was so painful, and he gave me valtrex. He did ask me if I had ever performed oral sex, but I did not. I really haven't had any pain down there, a few times an occasional burning, but not noticeable and not for a long period of time. Oh, when I mentioned the "bumps" on the ridge of my penis, the bumps were not all over the ridge, just located in an area on the ridge, again, pimple whitehead looking bumps.

Over the weekend(9-19-2008) I decided to visit an Urgent Care clinic. I have and still have the "bumps". Currently, on my penis ridge, I have like 3 red, blister looking bumps. These things seem to have been hanging around for a good while. I keep looking hoping they will go away, but they will not. So anyway, I wonder how good the Urgent Care Doctor is? He said that I will need to go to my regular provider if I want to have blood tests. However, he said that he does not what herpes looks like, and after putting his light on my penis to see what the bumps look like, he said, that is not herpes. I did explain to him that last week a couple of the bumps came to a little whitehead, but he still said that what I have does not look like herpes, so he said go home and rest easy. I had not a little uncomfortable sensation on my penis and scrotum, until that nite(Friday).

In your opinion, how accurate do you think that Doctor can be by just looking at and me giving an explanation of what occurs on the bumps? I did for a couple of days, feel a bit uncomfortable down on my penis area, somewhat of a "distant" burning(maybe that is to strong of a word), but seemed like a very short interval. Do you think I should move on because of what that Doctor said after looking at my area and bumps? It is frustrating that the bumps will not go and clear up, yet they seem to have gotten red and it is just odd. The thing that makes me nervous, and part of the reason I went to the Urgent Care Friday nite, is because I wanted to know the Doctors opinion, and also because it was feeling a bit uncomfortable in the penis area.

Today(9-22-08) I am having occassional discomfort, slight burning, but when I sit down and relax and not walk around, it feels alot better, as to where nothing hurts right now. And yesterday was a real good day, no pain all day. Amidst this, I guess I am so far going with what the Doctor said Friday nite, by just looking with his light at the uncomfortable area, him saying that this is not herpes looking.

9-23-08
I just recently checked my "bumps", and they are showing a little tiny whitehead looking, and I ran my finger over them, and felt like a tiny crust. Maybe I am being to paranoid, but can't figure out why they are there?? And I am trying to take comfort in what the Doctor told me on Friday by looking at the area on the penis, but why the heck are they bumps there. and now I am really spooked out because I see a little whitehead(tiny) today and some burning! I hate this. The reason it is such a HUGE deal to me(if it were just affecting me, that would be one thing)is because if my wife ever gets them(if I have herpes), our relationship would most likely be over.

I hope this is not annoying, it is just SO hard and I need to get some answers, thanks

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: Urgent Question, is this Herpes? So scared

I think no, you don't have genital herpes, but the canker sores you have may be herpes type 1. You can get tested for this and find out for sure. The ones on your penis don't sound like type 2 herpes.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
(male)

drewhendy1970 HB User

Are you serious, that is awesome. I guess with what I have experienced and the similar symptoms to HSV2, I am just waiting to hear the dreaded news.
I keep getting more discouraged because right now, I have a bit of discomfort / burning on my penis where the couple of "bumps/pimple look like whiteheads"are located. Is this weird or ? should I still not be concerned about it being HSV2 or 1? I apologize if I am being annoying, it is just tough having these similar symptoms to HSV.
Have you been on the Healthboard long? Thanks for such a quick response. Please let me know what your wisdom on my situation today.
In your opinion, what do you think it resembles, and what makes you think it is not herpes, in your wisdom.
I am excited of you words of advice

Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User

In all these doctor visits have you ever had the blood test that tests for herpes?
If not, get one. It will tell you what you have but not where you have it.
Ask for 'type specific HerpeSelect IgG blood test'.

None of us are doctors here and no one can really diagnose you over the internet.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
(male)

drewhendy1970 HB User

I have some painful news. Last nite was the first time ever that I had real bad pain and burning on the penis and the scrotum and leg areas! I feel better this morning, but it was SO painful and burning last nite, that I felt like putting an ice cube down there just to get some relief. I went to bed with it painful, but this morning at work here, it feels better. One thing I do wonder is the fact that I do not wear underwear, if that would cause irritations in the genital area? I looked at the penis area, on the ridge part, and there were a couple of blister, red bumps. I am SO afraid, could this be anything besides herpes, or am I just being to paranoid??

Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

Go back to urgent care or your family doc. Get a blood test for Herpes and also give them a urine sample to test for infection.

Canker sores can be caused by too much soda/pop or other acidic drinks

Old 09-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhendy1970 View Post
I have some painful news. Last nite was the first time ever that I had real bad pain and burning on the penis and the scrotum and leg areas! I feel better this morning, but it was SO painful and burning last nite, that I felt like putting an ice cube down there just to get some relief. I went to bed with it painful, but this morning at work here, it feels better. One thing I do wonder is the fact that I do not wear underwear, if that would cause irritations in the genital area? I looked at the penis area, on the ridge part, and there were a couple of blister, red bumps. I am SO afraid, could this be anything besides herpes, or am I just being to paranoid??

Your symptoms and paranoia could be your guilt.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
(male)

drewhendy1970 HB User

So in your opinion, from what you have read about my story and symptoms and pain last nite, you feel that it may not be genital herpes? Today, I went to the bathroom again and looked down and saw a few red bumps, blister looking, with a tiny whitehead on a couple of them.
I mean I pray that it is not genital herpes, but I guess in my mind I am preparing for the worse, which you are right, doesn't help my immune system and stress level. I know the members on this board are wise and experienced, so that is why I covet your comments and wisdom.
Please respond more on what I just have written. I am going to the Doctors tonite, and I am going to have the Doc look at it, and suggest testing, but in my mind, I am trying to prepare for the fact that tonite I am going to be told that I have genital herpes HSV2, and that my world will change forever, and that I might want to leave this world. I am married with 2 children, and a baby due in November. In short, I was involved with situations a few years ago, which could be risk for std(s). I have never had any symptoms until a few months ago, I noticed bluish-purple bumps under my skin, on the ridge of the penis. They have stayed there, but not til recently did the bumps get reddish, and just last nite and today, are the first days that I have had pain. But I think that it is weird that I had bubble looking bumps under my skin, never hurt before for a good while.
Anyway, IF I did have HSV2, it may mean the end of our relationship. I have caused her SO much heartache, that I wouldn't blame her.
I guess the only way that this would not affect our relationship now, is if I did have herpes, is not to tell her. I did read where sometimes people can have herpes a lifetime, and never have symptoms, that would be what I would pray for, this would save my relationship. I am such an idiot for doing all of that risky actions in the past, if I could change it, I would go back.
Anyway, SUPER good news for me tonite at the Doctors would be for the Doc to say that I do not have HSV2!!! I would be SO relieved and would celebrate!!
I guess I would still wonder why the red bumps, the little whiteheads on the bumps, and the burning pain, that I have not experienced in my 37 years, until last nite and today so far. Seems like if I sit still, my genital area does not burn as much. What do you think, along with any other replies, I need them at this time.
Should I just reside that I do have HSV2, and know that my world will change tonite?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

you should get a STD panel run and the blood test for herpes (usually not included in standard std panels)

Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

No one can diagnose you over the internet. Herpes looks different in everyone. I just get an angry red patch...no blisters. A lot of things look like herpes that aren't.

It is possible you have had herpes for years and recent stress brought on an outbreak and maybe your wife will buy that. With 2 kids and one on the way, she will probably look to believe your lies. If you do find you you have it, you must tell her or forever lose her trust. What if you gave it to your wife and she has no symptoms? The doctor would have to know to make sure nothing happens to the new baby...now wouldn't you feel guilty if the baby was born with a problem that could have been easily prevented? So if in fact you do test positive, you better tell your wife ASAP!

I bet it is the stress that is bothering you. Let us know what you find out tonight.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
(female)

Rsmy59 HB User

It could be HPV but you should probably get all the standard STD tests. A lot of these viruses lie dormant in the body for years so this should not necessarily mean the end of your marriage. Now is the time to find out because if you passed something onto your wife and she is expecting, she needs to be tested as well prior to the delivery.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
(male)

drewhendy1970 HB User

9-25-08 UPDATE: I did go to my regular family Doctor last evening. I was afraid to have her look at my penis and the bumps area, for fear that she would have to break the news to me, that I have Herpes. When she look and examined under the light, she said that does not appear as herpes to her. I asked her if she has seen herpes as far as experienced. She said that she knows what herpes looks like for sure, and she said from what she is looking at, it just doesn't look like herpes, is what she said.
That gave me somewhat of relief, and relaxed me more last nite. I was SO stupid because I actually did break down and cry a bit, because I have been so stressed about this, because I know my marriage could be on the line.
The Doctor said that I am way to stressed and that I need to go home last nite and not think about anything, just relax. I do feel better today, both in my genital area and my mind, but the fear is still there.
The Doctor did prescribe me a antibiotic cream for the bumps on my genital area. It's Mometasone Furoate Cream, a long name, whatever the heck it is called, but I have applied on bumps last nite, and this morning, and the feeling does feel better down on my penis region. I do have a clear bump/bubble on the shaft of my genital, and I notice this morning it had a little white head, but that area feels better, and maybe it is also that I am taking 800g or mg of Advil ibro.
She wasn't going to take blood for antibody tests, because she was convinced by looking at and feeling the area, that it is not herpes. But I said I want to have the igg and igm tests. So she drew blood and said will call me with the results.
I am wondering how confident and relaxed should I be in the fact that 2 Doctors(1 urgent care and then this a regular family practitioner doctor)have looked at the penis region, and both say it is not herpes?
What is scary to me, is that I will get little tiny whiteheads on the tip of the "bumps", and then seem to go away. I have felt the area of my penis where the bumps and whiteheads are, and I never feel like a discharge. Last nite when she ran her finger over the bumps, whiteheads, it did feel a tad crusty(that might be to strong of a word to use), but the Doctor rubbed her finger over the area, and still said doesn't think its herpes. She said that the area in which the bumps are, looks to puffy, not the way that Herpes resembles she said. What makes me nervous is that she said that herpes change in bumps, etc. The thing that makes me nervous is that I get little whiteheads, that I didn't see the day before.
In your opinion, could I rest in what the Doctor said after seeing that region and saying not herpes, or should I worry until I get the actual blood tests, I am still nervous that it will be bad news I guess, trying to prepare for the worst?

Last edited by drewhendy1970; 09-25-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User

Herpes is very common so for both doctors to say it is not herpes, and I'm sure they have seen a lot, I think you can rest assured it is not herpes and the test will confirm it.

Mean time relax, and be a good boy.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhendy1970 View Post
9-25-08 UPDATE: She wasn't going to take blood for antibody tests, because she was convinced by looking at and feeling the area, that it is not herpes. But I said I want to have the igg and igm tests.
Do not get the Igm test. They are worthless. If you ever had chicken pox it will show up positive and you will freak again.

CALL them and tell them NOT to do the IgM just the type specific IgG for both type 1 and type 2. You will get no good information from IGM! And why should you pay for crap? The fact that the doctor did not tell you that the IgM is crap just confirms that docotor's are not up on the treatment and symptoms of this virus.
Good luck.

Last edited by Truthseek; 09-25-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
(female)

Carolgray HB User

You need to see a urologist for an accurate diagnosis. The urgent care and family practitioners are great for some things, but not this. A male friend of mine saw a dermatologist years ago for the same type of symptoms and was told he was fine. Years later he discovered it was human papilloma virus and he had to have surgery.

Closed Thread