It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

Jasz00 HB User
herpetic whitlow

ok.

a few months back i was told i had herpes an that was it.my doctor didnt tell me much about it she jus said that it was herpes.

the thing is it's on my pinky finger. i have never had an outbreak in any other area.[ mouth,vagina,anus, ect.] but a close friend of mine has informed me that i might have "herpetic whitlow" she said that there are two types of herpes. Herpes simplex virus 1 & 2. HSV1 is when your body is only affected above the waistline,it is transmitted when touching an object especially when you lesion or wound is open. herpes infection of the finger. it has nothing to do with sexual contact!!! the finger is the most common place to get infected cause you get it from touching anything that had the virus living on it...is this true? it sounds like exactly whats going on with me!!

my doctor also told me that i can get it from touching things which was "rare" thats why i assumed i had "regular" herpes..plz help

please reply a.s.a.p

Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

Jasz00 HB User
Re: herpetic whitlow HELP PLEASE

ok.

a few months back i was told i had herpes an that was it.my doctor didnt tell me much about it she jus said that it was herpes.

the thing is it's on my pinky finger. i have never had an outbreak in any other area.[ mouth,vagina,anus, ect.] but a close friend of mine has informed me that i might have "herpetic whitlow" she said that there are two types of herpes. Herpes simplex virus 1 & 2. HSV1 is when your body is only affected above the waistline,it is transmitted when touching an object especially when you lesion or wound is open. herpes infection of the finger. it has nothing to do with sexual contact!!! the finger is the most common place to get infected cause you get it from touching anything that had the virus living on it...is this true? it sounds like exactly whats going on with me!!

my doctor also told me that i can get it from touching things which was "rare" thats why i assumed i had "regular" herpes..plz help

please reply a.s.a.p

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
(female)

wildflower73 HB User
Re: herpetic whitlow

I was diagnosed 7 years ago with genital herpes. I did a ton of research then. I have had only a few outbreaks all with in the first couple years. All but one were in the genital area. I had one patch of blisters that broke out on the back of my calf. They eventually broke open and healed but it took a long time. The virus can occur anywhere in your body. It used to be true that HSV 1 was "above the waist" and type 2 was below but it is possible to spread either one to the opposite area. If you have a cold sore on your mouth and perform oral sex...you can acquire type 1 herpes where type 2 is more common and vise versa. Just be very careful not to touch your face or eyes especially with the pinky that is affected and be sure to wash your hands often. That is probably a difficult place to keep it covered. I hope that helped a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasz00 View Post
ok.

please reply a.s.a.p

Closed Thread