It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
(male)

collegekid22 HB User
herpes? confusing rash.

I apologize for the length but would appreciate ANY opinions..
Ok looking for some help. I've had a red rash that has not gone away. It is on my scrotum and the very bottom base of my penis where it meets my scrotum but not the actual penis. It covers almost my entire scrotum to the point where the redness almost looks like it would be normal but the very bottom of my scrotum has a distinct line where you can see the red infected skin and the normal skin. There is a small little freckle like mole inside the rash on my scrotum. It looks like one of the ones you get on your shoulder if you get too much sun. But I did notice one on the very far bottom of my scrotum inbetween my scrotum and *** that there was another freckle like mole but not in the infected skin so that could be nothing? It is pretty red, doesn't hurt at all, and itches occassionally. It itched more during my freak paranoid like week where I thought I had an STD. I went in and got checked for STD's 3 weeks ago on friday. It was diagnosed as jock itch and all test results came back negative. I have been using lotrimin on it since then and it has not got any better. The rash has been there for at least 4 weeks and maybe/probably more. That was just when I noticed it was a rash b/c of some itching and seeing the distinct line on the bottom part of my scrotum.
Now I really think it has to be an STD and have kind of came to that conclusion. The only STD that it could be then is herpes. I say this b/c the herpes test was just visual. However, I have not had any open sore blisters that hurt or ooze out. I did have one like pimple in my pubic area during my freak paranoid time. I had popped it and it seemed jus like a pimple and puss came out like normal. there is still however a red dot where it was. I think I popped it at least a week 1/2 to 2 weeks ago.
One time coming up on two years ago, I had went down on a girl unprotected and had sex with the girl with a condom (we only had sex for about a minute, two at most). The next morning I woke up and there was a little burning on the very low base of my penis/genenital scrotum area. It was a very small little area about the size of a nickel where the burning was. I also had a very small area on my right side of my lip or right above my lip that was the size of an eraser tip on a pencil that felt a burning sensation. They both went away pretty quick and I watched the area and nothing happened so I thought nothing more of it. I'm thinking this has to be where I would have gotten something from, even though I have been with other people since then. It would explain why it is on my scrotum only since i wore a condom.
The weird thing is i know a couple months ago and maybe even more when i had never noticed a rash that the hairs on my scrotum where the rash is now had a coating around them of what seemed to be skin. I could/can take my fingernails and scrape some of it off of the hairs. I really don't know what this would be from and think this is weird.
I know I may have something, but my only conclusion is that it is herpes, or if somehow HPV can cause a rash? but i've not seen that listed anywhere as an option in men. If i have it, then I will live with it. My huge main concern is the girl of my dreams that I am with right now has only had one sex partner. I have been with her since sept. We have had protected sex 3 times and unprotected sex once. I'm so worried that I may have passed this on to her if I do have it and that it will ruin us forever due to this fact and I will be so crushed. I was open to her about going to get checked for STD's. I don't know how or if she could get past that if I have given her something. She said she hadn't felt any burning or itching of any sort. However she did get sick after we had unprotected sex, and has got a couple headaches. We have not had sex since this rash has came about.
Any honest opinions, even if it is bad, are wanted. I really would like to know more info on herpes:
Can a herpes rash make your scrotum red and never go away? Can it just stay red forever? -I know its typical to have lesions that come and go,but what about a rash.
Would it slowly spread across the genitals and consume more area?
What else could it be?
I appreciate any one who takes the time to read this and help me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
(male)

reddest1 HB User
Re: herpes? confusing rash.

your symptoms sound like mine almost exactly. i was using a garlic supplement, oil of oregano and a yeast defense probiotic capsule with little improvement. I just started using diluted tea tree oil on it for the past few days. my scrotum and base of shaft has begun to flake up wherever there was any redness. it looks like it is dying. it looks promising.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User
Re: herpes? confusing rash.

It sounds like a typical fungal/yeast condition but is is often the case that those conditions are very resistant to treatment. The scrotum is an ideal resting place for such conditions because of the wrinkly skin.It does not sound at all like herpes.
Your best bet would be to visit a dermatologist who would take a 'scraping' of the surface and have it analysed.

Closed Thread