It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

ab717 HB User
Unhappy I have spread the HSV2 virus

I am currently coping with the fact that I have given the herpes virus to a partner who just ended our relationship. I know that I am responsible to communicate that I have the virus, but I didnt the very 1st time we had sexual contact. I feel like my world is crashing down and I cant deal with the fact that I spread this virus. It was of course the MOST unintentional act on my part, but I can not take it away or do it over differently. If anyone has had this happen to them, under the same circumstances, I hope that you can shed some light. I want nothing more then to take it away from this person and not have them hate me. He HATES me!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

justnotfair HB User
Re: I have spread the HSV2 virus

Sorry to hear about that and I applaud you for sharing your story.

Look, I am not perfect, so it would not be fair to pass judgment. I think the best thing you can do is walk away with a lesson.

1. This virus is real.
2. This virus is NOT fully controllable.
3. This virus is highly contagious.
4. This virus can spread without visible symptoms.
5. There is currently no cure.
6. It only takes one time....

I am not sure there is much you can do for your EX at this point. Stay educated and stay safe.

We all make mistakes. We have to avoid making the same ones over and over.

I wish that the both of you are able to move on with this, someway and somehow. It will not be easy and the road may be longer than it appears (or shorter for others).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Courty HB User
Re: I have spread the HSV2 virus

I am so sorry too. It was a mistake and mistakes happen unfortunatly. I have experienced both sides.My ex told me about it and we had unprotected sex right before he was having an outbreak I got very upset his excuse was your never sleeping wiht anyone but me anyways and you'll be fine. Well i got it. I was upset and was for a while but eventually i felt better about the situation I should fo protected myself and gotten educated.

On the other hand I have given the virus to my fiancee. Though he was completly aware and was not mad at me because I was honest. I think sometimes thats what upsets people most is not being honest about it.

I would definetly be more open with partners even if that means possible rejection. Try not to beat yourself up too much were all human and your a good person that had a bit of bad judgement I know it was not intentional. As for your ex he may be mad, but eventually he may at least except it. Take care.

Closed Thread