It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
(female)

germaphob23 HB User
blister or herpes. How to know on your leg

I got a blister on my leg, the center of my thigh a little away from my knee but not at all near my groin. It looked like a water blister, and had redness around it, is it herpes? It was just one. Last time I was checked for herpes anti bodies, it was negative. Have not had sex since...But I'm thinking a penis touched my leg.. 2 in a half to 3 weeks ago. But, I am sure that if the penis did in fact touch my leg while I was wearing shorts, there was no sign of him having herpes and I asked him over and over if he was clean, and he said yes..I am scared please help!!! Went to urgent care. The doctor put me on antibiotics, it is my second day taking them, the blister went away, now I have some redness. But I did drain the blister with alcohol and a needle. The doc, who isn't my primary care doctor, but an urgent care doctor said if it came back, it could be a type of herpes, but not an std. Now what? what do you think?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: blister or herpes. How to know on your leg

Ok..#1 sounds like you are panicking... Calm down. I can not without a doubt tell YOU NO WAY. it sounds highly unlikely. Did you have sex with this person? (unprotected) Have you had any other symptoms..fever, swelling glands, fagitue, anymore blisters anywhere else? if the answer is No then I would just keep any eye on it, and if YOU still feel concerned go to your regular doctor and ask what they think and if they see a reason to test you. Better to be safe and to put your mind at ease. there are rare cases where a blister can show up in areas other then the genital , mouth or face or lips, Herpes is carried through the central nervous system, so it is rare but not uncommon. Best Wishes. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread