It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
How do you know if cold sores are Herpes?

How do you know if cold sores are caused by herpes virus? I have been to my dr over this one time, I was told that it was not herpes by them looking at the cold sores, that it wasn't the type of cold sore developed by herpes, w/o any testing to see.

Last night & today, having muscular cramps really bad (all over) & fatigue has worsened. Then I start burning on the side of my lip to find about 5 tiny clustered blisters. I have had this same thing occur before.

Honestly, I think the doctor that said it wasn't herpes, was seriously not wanting to check and see. lol. I looked at pictures online and that is what it looks like to me.

My ex-husband also gets these cold sores. I have had them from time to time after me & him got together. His occurs from upset stomach or colds. Mine usually have too except for today's incident.

If it does make you sick, will it only last while the virus is active?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: How do you know if cold sores are Herpes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
How do you know if cold sores are caused by herpes virus? I have been to my dr over this one time, I was told that it was not herpes by them looking at the cold sores, that it wasn't the type of cold sore developed by herpes, w/o any testing to see.

Last night & today, having muscular cramps really bad (all over) & fatigue has worsened. Then I start burning on the side of my lip to find about 5 tiny clustered blisters. I have had this same thing occur before.

Honestly, I think the doctor that said it wasn't herpes, was seriously not wanting to check and see. lol. I looked at pictures online and that is what it looks like to me.

My ex-husband also gets these cold sores. I have had them from time to time after me & him got together. His occurs from upset stomach or colds. Mine usually have too except for today's incident.

If it does make you sick, will it only last while the virus is active?
I would ask the doctor for an IgG type specific herpes test this will let you know if you have it and which type. The virus symptoms are different for each person since no one person is the same Normally they say an OB will come when the immune system is weakend...or even stress. It is not the herpes that will cause the colds though or make you sick... but it can flare up because of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Well if it doesn't make you sick, it is really no big deal then. Even if that is what's wrong, I can't give it to anyone since I haven't been in a relationship for 10 years.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

If you do have a cold sore, is it positively HSV-1 or can there be other causes for a cold sore?

My ex & I have been arguing alot about it. He says he's been getting them since he was a little kid, and it's due to stomach upset or a cold.

From what I read online, an upset stomach, cold or whatever, will trigger HSV-1 and cause the cold sore.

I just can't figure out if a cold sore positively means HSV-1.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
If you do have a cold sore, is it positively HSV-1 or can there be other causes for a cold sore?

My ex & I have been arguing alot about it. He says he's been getting them since he was a little kid, and it's due to stomach upset or a cold.

From what I read online, an upset stomach, cold or whatever, will trigger HSV-1 and cause the cold sore.

I just can't figure out if a cold sore positively means HSV-1.
It could be type 2 .. although type 1 tends to be the normal for oral. I mean its always great to know which type.. but all in all.. its still herpes ya know.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Yes it means herpes. Your X husband has had it all these years because some auntie or grama gave it to him when she would kiss him as a little boy. I dont want to sound blasť about it but its no big deal. Most of the population has some form of herpes.
Over the counter products tend to alleviate the symptoms.

Closed Thread