It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
(female)

Canadian0Lady HB User
Bacterial Infection Vs. Herpes?!

Alright! So I just got back from a walk-in clinic. I've gotten this rash in my genital region that does not hurt on it's own, but is quite painful when touched. I had unprotected sex on Friday the 29th, and awoke the next morning with a small rash on my rear. Since then, it has spread to my other thigh, and up my buttock slightly.

The doctor at the walkin clinic told me that he wasn't entirely sure which conclusion to make, since he had to await for final results from the culture he took, but prescribed me medications for both a bacterial infection, and for herpes.

Frankly, I'm freaking out. I feel like it should totally be more obvious if it's one or the other! Do any of you have/have had either, and know some identifying qualities that the other does not have? (I know that there's the re-occuring factor with herpes...But obviously that takes a longer amount of time to examine than something more immediate!!)

Please help, I appreciate it.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Bacterial Infection Vs. Herpes?!

Hi I know this hard and very emotional for you.. Doctors sometimes can be very touch and go.. 1. herpes does have some telltale signs, itching/burning, mild or serve, one or the other or both, fever low grade, a headache that doesn't go away with meds, swallon glands usually in the genital area, a bump, cut, or blister or even sometimes a cluster of bumps that turn to blisters and scabe over, sometimes it can persent like a yeast infection with a small like ingrown hair, what I am trying to say is EVERY PERSON is different and the way the virus shows up in their body is also different.. Now you said it doesn't itch, but is painful? Like your skin is on fire or just pain (dull ache) I am trying to get an Idea of how you would decribe it, there is also an adult form of Chicken Pox called Shingles (herpes zorter) it is in the same family as Herpes but once treated it goes away just like chicken pox when you were a child, but it usually but not always will itch.... Are these like big red hive looking bumps????? Ok if it were shingles which I am not saying it is, they would treat you with the same medication they would herpes anyway so you are covered there, if you came into contact with Herpes or Shingles the time frame would be right 2-25 days from intial exposure to first symptoms.. Keep your fingers crossed.. Try not to worry... Let me know how it goes... Feel better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread