It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

tracypatzold HB User
Post How common is type 2 herpes orally?

Here is my situation!I will start out saying first that my first time being tested was in june of 2008. I was only positive for type 1 on my mouth if im correct. I was not positive for type 2 herpes at all. I was completely negative. On jan 16th of 2009 i retested & @ that time i was positive for type 2 herpes.

Now here is what i have heard online that type 2 orally is very uncommon. I disagree with this statement. I believe i actually got type 2 herpes orally first. I got my oral outbreak type 2 in nov of 08 then my genital outbreak in early jan of 2009.

I was with one partner from feb of 08 to nov of 08!Any ways our primary thing was me giving him bj's!So thats why i think i got orally type 2 herpes first. Now when i first started with my symtems i thought i had low iron cause thats what mimicked it. I checked up low iron online & the sytems for low iron was a weak feeling, dryness around the mouth ect... they all matched low iron so i never questioned it untel i got my std test done in jan.

Now on jan 1st i had sex with a differant guy & it set off an outbreak. So what i think is i had it genically as well but untel i had sex one time i didnt have an outbreak tell this day. It is possible that this guy i had sex with on jan 1st had it as well but im 100 percent sure that my long term partner gave it to me.

Now im still seeing my long term partner that gave it to me. Here is my next situation. I know im stupid for doing this but i have been giving him bj's this past week & again i got another outbreak on my mouth. This is my first oral type 2 outbreak sense i had the outbreak in nov-dec. So im pretty sure this is a type 2 oral outbreak & not a type 1 oral outbreak. The reason i brought this up is cause i think its a type 2 outbreak & most people say its very hard to get type 2 herpes orally.

Also people online have stated if a person has type 1 on the mouth they cant get type 2 orally either. I dont agree with that as well either. I mean its possible that he has type 2 on his penis & im getting type 1 outbreaks oh my mouth but i highly doubt that would happen. If a person had type 1 or 2 on dick/vagina they are going to spread the type that they have. IF they have 1 they will give me 1. IF they have type 2 they will give me type 2.

I have only blood tested. My results were type 1 @ 5.00!And my type 2 herpes is 4.10! Ive never been cultured!Just to state the facts.

So how likely is it that i do have type 2 herpes on my mout?I honestly believe i do. I dont think im having a type 1 infection. Ive never had a cold sore on my mouth. The only time i started having problems was when i got my infection on my mouth in nov of 08!Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User
Re: How common is type 2 herpes orally?

I tell you I agree with you. According to the stats they say that only 3% of cases turn up to be oral HSV2 and it's rare ... yada yada. But if you think about it... you have sex ... vaginal and oral with the same partner probably at the same time. If that partner was infected with herpes you potentially just got it in both places. And in the first few months, autoinoculation can occur where you spread it to other parts of your body because you have not buillt up the antibodies to defend yourself yet. The mouth is very must like the vaginal canal. Soft and moist and tender. So it seems totally possible. If you can get genital HSV1 from oral sex (and many on this board have that), it seems just as easy to get oral HSV2. But the studies (somewhere I have saved them as reference) say rare.

But my situation was similar to yours. Mostly oral sex with my partner. Everytime I would get these horrendous sore throats, lesions on the tongue, top of the mouth and back of the throat on the uvula. I had numerous strep tests etc. All negative. Also none of my symptoms were on the outside of the mouth, only inside. I finally had a swab test done even tho the doctor did not think it was oral type 2 which came back negative but it was a week before they could get me in to do it so it could have been a false negative.

I believe part of it is if you go to the doctor, most will diagnose you just based upon a visual inspection and proclaim oral type 1 without further testing. To really find out, the next time you have an obvious outbreak get a swab test done asap. If it turns up type 2 then you have your answer.
Thankfully, I have never had anything like that again orally.

Last edited by Truthseek; 06-02-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Closed Thread