It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

mercedes512 HB User
swollen lymph nodes and herpes???

Right before i found out that i had genital herpes i felt swollen lymph nodes in my groin on both sides, now (about 2 months later) i feel one hard one on the right side further down....is that from the herpes?

It could be from my cyst (which may be cancerous) right? I'm looking at a picture that names the nodes and i think it the superomedial nodes if that makes any difference...

Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User
Re: swollen lymph nodes and herpes???

Some people when first infected with herpes get flu-like symptoms - sore throat, aches and pains, headache and swollen glands in neck and/or groin. It's the bodies way of dealing with the invading virus. On future outbreaks some people get that same flu like feeling and the swollen glands again. When I get an outbreak I don't get them. I just feel a burning, tingling sensation down below.

How were you diagnosed with herpes? Swab or blood test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
(female)

mercedes512 HB User

hi. i have been feeling sick like i was coming down with the flu then realized why....because my first OB was just the burning and tingling. But the lymph nodes are most likely because of the hsv and not the cyst?

They swabbed the infected area

Old 07-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User

Not sure if the cyst has any relation to herpes.
Different people experience different symptoms.
You should get it looked at.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
(female)

Lynae76 HB User

I'll give you my experience...

My 1st outbreak was horrible. I had a sore throat, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, and a fever of 105 that wouldn't break. But I'm stubborn so it took me 3 days to go to the doctor. I had no outward signs but was diagnosed because of the herpes lesions on my cervix. Since then, I don't usually get swollen lymph nodes...just the typical tingling before the outbreak. But every now & then, I do get a bartholin's gland cyst at the same time as an outbreak. Those are actually quite uncomfortable, but completely harmless.

That said, if you have any symptoms that you're not sure about, it's always best to see the doc. I'm sure you already knew that though.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User

I always get swollen lymph nodes in my groin before and during an outbreak. With time, the nodes are increasingly less swollen, but I still notice them, especially if I apply a little pressure with my fingers. The first couple of times, they were so swollen and sore, I could feel them while just normally moving about.

I never worried about it at all. Like anything though, if you're really concerned and want to rule something out, calling your dr. is a good way to go.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
(female)

mercedes512 HB User

Hey.

I did have the lymph nodes before but should they be the same (like in the same place and feel the same)? The reason I ask is because I do have another medical issue and don't know if the lymph nodes are because of the herpes or if it could be something else.

Closed Thread