It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

seeksbliss HB User
Newly diagnosed w/specific questions

I am 55 years old and newly diagnosed less than two weeks ago with Herpes 1 & 2. I won't go into the shock and devastation that I felt, as you have all been through it. For the last few months, I have been feeling strange...symptoms that I can only describe as "kidney soreness" (whether that's what it is or not), feeling tired, vaginal burning, no itching. Since I have diabetes, I attributed the vaginal burning to that, but it's much more constant that it used to be. A week or so ago, I went to the restroom to urinate and when I wiped, I felt a burning spot that hurt. Just one spot. I felt it and noticed what seems to be a LUMP smaller than the size of a pea UNDER my skin, with no lesion. Went to see the doctor who said it doesn't look like herpes, but she would take a scraping sample and do bloodwork. The sample came out as nothing, but she said it could still be herpes and the bloodwork came out with herpes 1 & 2. Has anyone else had these symptoms of burning and kidney-like soreness in the back, along with unexplainable discomfort in the stomach area, but not a stomach ache? Anyway, to my surprise, she didn't prescribe any medication and this is my first outbreak, if that is what it is. I've been with one person for over 6 years and he was tested when we met before we had sex and he didn't have it. Guess I'm the carrier from way back that never had outbreak until now. MOST IMPORTANTLY.....if he gets tested and now has it, too, and we remain together....can we have unprotected sex and oral sex anytime we want other than during outbreaks, since we both have the same thing? We are wondering because it would seem if you both have it, why protect during sex? OR...is it possible to make matters worse if you don't use protection? I'm not how we could make it worse if we both already have it. If somone could read through this and answer all of my questions I would really appreciate it. I'm also seeing so many people here were medicated at their first outbreak and I haven't been. Can I still medicate now if the outbreak occured two weeks ago and got better each day instead of worse? I only felt pain when I urinated for three days, then no other discomfort except my vaginal area still burns almost daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
(female)

seeksbliss HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed w/specific questions

OK, now I'm wondering why my back information is showing at the bottom of my posts. I didn't know it shows no matter what post you're on with these message boards? Five years ago, I was on the message boards for back surgeries. Anyway, my other herpes question is...how long after sex does my boyfriend need to wait before being tested to see if he now has herpes? Can blood test tell you right away or do you have to wait a few weeks after an encounter?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeksbliss View Post
I am 55 years old and newly diagnosed less than two weeks ago with Herpes 1 & 2. I won't go into the shock and devastation that I felt, as you have all been through it. For the last few months, I have been feeling strange...symptoms that I can only describe as "kidney soreness" (whether that's what it is or not), feeling tired, vaginal burning, no itching. Since I have diabetes, I attributed the vaginal burning to that, but it's much more constant that it used to be. A week or so ago, I went to the restroom to urinate and when I wiped, I felt a burning spot that hurt. Just one spot. I felt it and noticed what seems to be a LUMP smaller than the size of a pea UNDER my skin, with no lesion. Went to see the doctor who said it doesn't look like herpes, but she would take a scraping sample and do bloodwork. The sample came out as nothing, but she said it could still be herpes and the bloodwork came out with herpes 1 & 2. Has anyone else had these symptoms of burning and kidney-like soreness in the back, along with unexplainable discomfort in the stomach area, but not a stomach ache? Anyway, to my surprise, she didn't prescribe any medication and this is my first outbreak, if that is what it is. I've been with one person for over 6 years and he was tested when we met before we had sex and he didn't have it. Guess I'm the carrier from way back that never had outbreak until now. MOST IMPORTANTLY.....if he gets tested and now has it, too, and we remain together....can we have unprotected sex and oral sex anytime we want other than during outbreaks, since we both have the same thing? We are wondering because it would seem if you both have it, why protect during sex? OR...is it possible to make matters worse if you don't use protection? I'm not how we could make it worse if we both already have it. If somone could read through this and answer all of my questions I would really appreciate it. I'm also seeing so many people here were medicated at their first outbreak and I haven't been. Can I still medicate now if the outbreak occured two weeks ago and got better each day instead of worse? I only felt pain when I urinated for three days, then no other discomfort except my vaginal area still burns almost daily.

Hi,
Do you know which type of test was done for you? Also when you say he was tested.. do you know that he specifically asked for a herpes test or did he just ask to have STD testing done? I am asking this because Herpes is not part of the routine panel of STD testing.. you have to ask for it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY.....if he gets tested and now has it, too, and we remain together....can we have unprotected sex and oral sex anytime we want other than during outbreaks, since we both have the same thing? yes and no.. if you have the same type genitally then yeah why use condoms its not going to make a difference.. also if he tests positive and has no signs or symptoms its going to be hard to tell which location he has it at.. which means he will still be risking catching it orally or genitally. Lets just say he also tests positive for 1 &2 well hey its a free for all then

Can I still medicate now if the outbreak occured two weeks ago and got better each day instead of worse? If your not completely healed I would ask the doctor for something.. I am surprised you didn't get a prescription.

Has anyone else had these symptoms of burning and kidney-like soreness in the back, along with unexplainable discomfort in the stomach area, but not a stomach ache? I have had the burning which is when I went to the doc the last time .. the virus affects everyone differently though.. some people will get the backache.. and other symptoms.

Last edited by angeleyz81; 07-26-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeksbliss View Post
OK, now I'm wondering why my back information is showing at the bottom of my posts. I didn't know it shows no matter what post you're on with these message boards? Five years ago, I was on the message boards for back surgeries. Anyway, my other herpes question is...how long after sex does my boyfriend need to wait before being tested to see if he now has herpes? Can blood test tell you right away or do you have to wait a few weeks after an encounter?
It can take up to 4 months for the antibodies to show up in his blood test If you 2 have been together for a while like you mentioned he should get tested now to see and if its negative maybe go back in another 4 months since you just had an outbreak.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

He asked to be tested for EVERYTHING and when we looked up the letters for one of his tests, it was for
Herpes 2 and said NON-REACTIVE. He is going in for another test Tuesday and now that we've learned he must wait up to 4 months after our last encounter, he will go again in 4 months. I read on here that you only have to wait a few weeks, but he wants to be sure. Thank you for all of your responses. My "bump" under my skin on my vaginal area only hurt/burned/tingled for 3 days, then hasn't bothered me again. The swab on it came out negative, but that doesn't mean it isn't herpes. My friends told me the sore should have gotten worse each day for at least a week, but mine didn't. I guess it's different for everyone. I hadn't seen him in 3 months and we had protected sex on day 5 of my outbreak, but it didn't cause pain....now I realize that wasn't smart, but we didn't know that at the time.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Your back information comes up because you Typed it in the "signature" area when you were doing your profile.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
(female)

seeksbliss HB User

Yes, I know that, so it will show no matter WHAT board I'm on in this HealthBoard, right? I need to get rid of it...it's old news. Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Go to your profile and delete it.

Closed Thread