It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

Dynamiclear or Valtrex

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Bella2009
(female)

Bella2009 HB User
Question Dynamiclear or Valtrex

Has anyone here used the product Dynamiclear for treatment of either oral or genital herpes? I asked my doctor's office about it and they had no information on it but when you research it on the internet it sounds very promising. However, I am a skeptic that researches everything in depth before trying it. Considering the price is a little steep I just wondered if anyone here had tried it.

Also, I was prescribed Valtrex but have not taken it yet for fear of side effects. I have now had an OB for almost 4 weeks. It started out the first two as one spot of four or five blisters. Then during the third week I had a weird painful tingling down the back of my leg and seemingly overnight have developed a rash throughout the area where the blisters were but on both sides of each buttcheek in the crack area. ***? I assume this is another phase of H but without actual blisters? Any one with similar stories, advice, or information on side effects of Valtrex would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
coping63
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Dynamiclear or Valtrex

I have not used that product myself but have heard other people say it has worked for them, again each person is different and what works for them may not always work for you, so it is a trail and error kinda thing.. I do however take valtrex and the only side effect I have ever had was a headache, but a headache is usually a warning that an OB is coming anyway for me so it is really no big deal.. IF I was you I would start the valtrex it will at least help you get the Ob under control until it goes away. Stress is a major factor in Ob's so try as hard as it is to aviod it if you can. yes within your first year of Ob's you can sometimes have OB's in other areas, but usually after the first year your Ob 's generally will occur in the same exact area each and every time.. try to relax and start the meds , you should have some relief soon... Feel Better

Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
since1999
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

i agree. try valtrex 1st. it has been tried and tested by most peolpe.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
azuka48827
(male)

azuka48827 HB User

I have used Dynamiclear. I can't tell whether it did me any good or not. Used it on two or three outbreaks. I can't say that using it reduced frequency. Big claims but a lot of secrecy. At the time I figured that it was worth the gamble.

In retrospect, I wish that I had been tested as soon as I had outbreak symptoms. My OB's have always been really mild and not very intrusive in my life so it was easy to ignore or forget after healing from an OB. Doing my own online research for herpes photos and so on only served to make me think I probably DIDN'T have herpes. I guess the mild outbreaks aren't as interesting to photograph and publish.

I have been prescribed acyclovir for my condition. Doc says that after 1 year I'll be tested, and after two years, if all goes well, I'll be discontinued. Valtrex is pretty expensive and my insurer doesn't like to pay for it if acyclovir will work.

In addition, I've been doing research into various alternative medical therapies, such as colloidal silver and hydrogen peroxide treatments. These are actually pretty promising, but I am only going to use these in addition to the conventional therapy. Whether these can obliterate herpes entirely or merely keep it fully under control is not clear to me. Either way, I'll continue with colloidal silver as it appears to be extremely effective in curing colds, flu, and other germ/virus disease or infections.

Best of luck in your search.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
norton54
(male)

norton54 HB User

Never heard of Dynamiclear but Valtrex works wonders, at least for me, plus it just went generic so the price will come down.

I take it for fever blisters and have had very few out breaks over the years.

Just looked up the Dynamiclear stuff, looks like snakeoil to me.

Last edited by norton54; 12-26-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: didn't finish post

Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Jamilla7
(female)

Jamilla7 HB User

I have used dynamiclear,,,don't waste your money. It only works somewhat in shortening the length of your outbreak. sometimes, nothing more than that. The first time I used it I thought "Oh this is good!" The next time I used it, I was so disappointed. I don't bother with it anymore. Just a scam in my books. I guess though we will always keep trying to find things that will help.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
BeenThroughIt
(female)

BeenThroughIt HB User

I found out I had herpes in March, had another break out early april, started Valtrex 500mg daily and I have never had any side effects. Also, there isn't anything you can't do while on it. I went off of it for a few days because I ran out and was so busy with studying and other things I figured I would just get it refilled in a week but then this morning I woke up with an itch and a pimple like bump...I seem to be VERY unlucky with how often these damn obs are coming to me but it also makes me really believe that valtrex was doing a great job! I would definitely take it if I were you, no reason you should continue being miserable down there

Old 05-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #8
barbera
(female)

barbera HB User

Hi Beenthroughit! Have you read that the first year of having herpes is the worst? I have. I think that it should get better with time as your body builds up the antibodies to the virus.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
BeenThroughIt
(female)

BeenThroughIt HB User

Yup I did read that and I hope its true. At the same time besides the $$ I don't mind taking Valtrex everyday and I am lucky that it works for me.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
barbera
(female)

barbera HB User

Is Valtrex expensive? I wonder if it inhibits the body from building up the antibodies? I was reading about some of the trials that Valtrex did when testing that drug. They did one where they had people take a placebo one take Valtrex, couples, one of the people had herpes and the other didn't and they tracked how many got herpes from their partner who were on Valtrex vs placebo.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
angeleyz81
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Yes Valtrex is expensive but they did come out with a generic.. that is cheaper though I do not believe it will stop you from acquiring the virus but will help it stay suppressed in someone that has it (It cuts down the risk of transmission by 50% if taken daily)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
almasabia2010
(female)

almasabia2010 HB User

Hi

I've been on Valtex for almost 3 years. I began taking higher doses (1,000mg) when an outbreak occurred (which was often); consequently, I spoke with my doctor about my concerns re taking so much and he prescribed smaller daily doses (250 mg). I have experimented over the last couple of years and I currently take 125 every 2nd day and it seems to control OBs fairly well. I now get 3/4 OBs a year although most of the time they are stress related. I have experienced no side effects even in the larger doses.

A friend of mine gets some sort of shorts (10 shots in a row) and then nothing else for the year, from a naturopath He gets 3-4 outbreaks/yr as well.

I hope this helps.

Closed Thread