It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

hippiechickx3 HB User
Unhappy How to stop Outbreaks on my face?

I got herpes when I was 17 in 2007, you couldn't notice it on my face, I only had maybe one or two bumps on the skin between my nose and mouth, a year later, it started on the other side of my face, then in april of this year my chin was looking very red, and bumpy, and in May I noticed I had bumps in my mouth, then in August, my skin on both sides of my nose and between my mouth, got very, very red and now theres usually 10-20 bumps, and my chin is a disaster. It's under neath both my eyes, the redness has died down a bit, but that doesn't happen too often. Every day I hope when I wake up that my face looks better, but it doesn't. I'm constantly trying new face washes to see if it helps, and sometimes the redness is gone, but I still have bumps. I wear coverup on the spots around my mouth. I feel hopeless, and I cry all the time. I haven't even spoken to a doctor or to anyone about it. I just want a good list of things to try that I CAN buy over the counter or on the store shelves. I hate talking to people, or being in bright light, because you can get a good look at my skin. I'm becoming very anti-social, and even more depressed. I still live with my parents and I don't want them knowing. What kind of vitamins could I buy too? The bumps never hurt either, I just want them to be gone from my face, and I want my face to be back to normal again. I just feel like giving up, I hate it. I wish I could go back 2 years and say no like how I wanted to :'(

Last edited by hippiechickx3; 12-21-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

BABYGIRL51 HB User
Re: How to stop Outbreaks on my face?

I have almost the same problem and i take valtrex daily and use zovirax creme when they appear on my mouth. I also have hsv 2 genital and the valtrex helps with both hsv1 and hsv2. You should look in to getting it from the doctor also i use lysine tablets 1000mg daily for herpes. It helps the skin heal and you can also try aloe gel. Good luck and be well.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User
Re: How to stop Outbreaks on my face?

first off, i am so sorry you are going through this, and going through it all alone, it sounds like.

go talk to a doctor; find a good family doctor if u can. try getting valtrex, that may help. try l-lysine vitamins daily - go to drugstore for those. there is a cold sore lip cream called super lysine that i actually use on my genitals, and it works. cuts recovery time in half.

if i think of anything more, i'll let u know. please take care, and don't cut yourself off from the rest of the world.

Closed Thread