It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

tizzer HB User
Couples with herpes - can it spread to other parts of the body / trigger outbreaks?

Me and my partner both have herpes, and have had it for awhile now. We are not sure who gave it to who - I'm inclined to think we both had it prior to starting the relationship.

Either way, he gets outbreaks on his penis, and I get outbreaks at the top of my buttock. We have been together for a few years.

Neither of us get serious full-on outbreaks frequently, but tend to get 'the tingle' that never progresses, and maybe a full outbreak (lesions) once or twice a year.

Questions though.

Q: Can one of us having an outbreak trigger it in the other?

Usually when we start to feel 'the tingle', we'll start to wear underwear to bed, stop having sex, etc -- is this necessary?

Q: Can we spread herpes to other parts of our bodies?

ie: Can it start spreading to my genitals and start appearing on my penis? If I was to perform oral sex - could I transfer them to my mouth?

Or, since they are now appearing in 1 spot, and so far - in 1 spot only, is that where it will stay? or can I get a re-infection?

Old 12-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Couples with herpes - can it spread to other parts of the body / trigger outbreak

Herpes can break out anywhere on the body. Upper body, simplex 1, lower, simplex 2. yes they can come up one place, then next time show up another. Females usually have the worst outbreaks. Genitals are more moist....and it can be very painful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: Couples with herpes - can it spread to other parts of the body / trigger outbreak

I don't believe thatyou can re infect each other. You own body can allow herpes to travel in the nerve endings and pop out wherever it wants. The main danger to remember is the eyes. Always be careful of touching and putting your hands in your eyes and be careful of your towel too. It sounds like you both have herpes 2. My friends husband has herpes 2 on his face and she has herpes 2 below the waist. Hers stays there and his stays on the cheek. It does what it wants. My point is that his was from oral sex and it was herpes 2, so it can travel to the face, unlike what most people say.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
(female)

sndvsnlfe HB User

So question...If both Myself and My Boyfriend have HSV2. And neither have ever had anything on our Faces, Only below the Waist, and We give each other Oral, It can be re-transmitted to your face also? Allowing it to be in both places? This is something we've been researching a while now, and have never found a concrete answer. maybe its different for everyone?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndvsnlfe View Post
So question...If both Myself and My Boyfriend have HSV2. And neither have ever had anything on our Faces, Only below the Waist, and We give each other Oral, It can be re-transmitted to your face also? Yes this is a possibility the risk is low since you already have the virus in your system but it is not impossible. Allowing it to be in both places? This is something we've been researching a while now, and have never found a concrete answer. maybe its different for everyone?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
(female)

sndvsnlfe HB User

Thank you Angel Eyes.
We both figured that this was the case. But its great to have confirmation on the issue.

Closed Thread