It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
(male)

PerPlexed79 HB User
Genital HSV2 or Yeast infection?

Hello all, I realize this is by no means the first question asked as I have done my HSV1 and 2 research on the net for some time now. However, I think my situation has a twist as you will read.

I have been dating a woman for some time in a monogamous relationship. She did disclose she had been infected with hsv2 twenty years ago early in the relationship. At that time I (as anyone would be) was a little scared but did my research online before I decided it was not her fault and the fact that she has had the virus for that length of time as well as taking medication for it. It is my understanding the shedding will decrease dramatically after that long of a period with the medication reducing it even more. Please correct me if I am wrong.

We have had protected intercourse via condoms but not protected oral. The last time we made love I decided not to use a condom under the assumption she has not had any symptoms of an outbreak in a very long time where there it is my understanding the virus most frequently sheds around 7 days prior to an outbreak to around 7 days after. Again, this is knowledge I have gained through the net so again, please correct me if I am wrong.

About 12 hours after intercourse my penis head had a subtle burn to it. This burn has increased and at times almost feels like needles. Of course I spoke with my girlfriend and she advised she did recently get over a yeast infection where her doctor had advised it was cleared up. However, she also stated she thinks the infection may have come back and is seeing her doc as well.

Two weeks have gone by now and my head is still burning. Though it does seem like it can be intermittent as when I wake up in the morning it does not seem to be there at all. Not until I get moving throughout the day is it much worse as I sit for most of the day at work too so my mind is on the fact that much more as well.

I did go see my doctor and he ruled out HSV2 as there was not a long enough incubation period before I first started feeling the burn. He then checked for a UTI which is negative but am still waiting the Chlamydia test to come back. I am 100% positive that will be negative too as we were both not sexually active before meeting each other.

So here we are two weeks later and this is my current situation. My penis has been burning for two weeks and now I a few small bumps (not blisters) right around the urethra opening. Nothing really appears red per say like a rash or anything but a few light purple small spots on the head but that is just my penis. It has always been like that.

I do not think this constant burning is a sign of HSV2 so it may be a yeast infection I would guess. I had mentioned to my Dr. in regards to my girlfriend possibly having a left over yeast infection but apparently she is not concerned or she would have tested for it I would assume?

If someone could shed any light on this? It would be greatly appreciated. I do apologize for the long post but wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Thank you,
Perplexed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User
Re: Genital HSV2 or Yeast infection?

In the past, I have had what you are explaining, except for the bumps. I have never figured out what it is either.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
(male)

PerPlexed79 HB User

Thanks for the input Since1999 MD's can't seem to figure it out either. I am thinking maybe it is a prostate acting up in some way, shape or form?

Old 01-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

yeah that could very well be it. it baffles me.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
(male)

PerPlexed79 HB User

I think so too, penis head still burns but have decided to journal it and it appears it happens more frequently when I sit down. It's been almost three weeks since I've had a new sexual partner and after much research I have found these two answers. I am listing them here for other men that may seem to be experiencing the same issue.

PNE (Pudendal Nerve Entrapment)
http://www.tipna.org/info/documents/BrochurePNE.htm

Its all muscle.... there is nothing wrong with you guys.... no cuts, diseases, nothing. You need to start working out your muscles
with arobics and light weight lifting... lots more movement... your muscles have atrophied.
Stop fearing all pains in the penis and testicals they are only signals of pain referred from muscles that have shortened bc of tension, repetetive movement, sitting alot.
Trust me... it is not prostatits. Change your diet... low suger, lots of protien and green veggies especially broccolli and spinach. I have had all your symptoms and more... this advise will cure you... it has cured me and many others I personal know and have corresponded with.
Whenever you feel the pain just remind your self over and over that its just a signal from a muscle... most likely from your abs or your levator ani muscles, rectum muscles... you can lengthen and build these muscles through arobics, sports, and light weight lifting. Over time your mucsles with lengthen and your pain will began to decrease as long as your response to your pain is positive. If your respond to your pain negatively (with fear) you will tense your muscles thus not allowing them to lengthen and grow. They will actually shorten... this is why you get worse and worse. For example.. when your walking and your penis feels like it is rubbing and it on fire or your testicals ache every step you take dont react with fear... just know that the pain is simply a signal at the end of your penis or signal inside your sac coming from a tensed muscle and there is no damage occuring in your privates. Know that over time this pain will deminish as long as you dont fear and follow a good diet and exersise twice a day.
I have begun to answer many forums related to our problem. Unfortunately my time allows me to be brief right now so I cant explain the why but I can tell you what to do to get better. Follow my advise and you will notice in a month or two that you feel better. Expect more pain the first week or two or three bc your working very stubborn muscle, but after that it gets better.

Keep sex or masterbation to a minimum.. no more than every 5 or 7 days for the first 6 months. Sex really tenses the muscles...after sex your core muscles will tense for a long period of time... the muscles will be in a state of tension for days sometimes... this is why most people feel their pain for the first time after sex and think its a std. Others feel the pain for the first time when beginning a new work out after living a sedintary life... this will also induce long term intense tension the next day. But working out is good... just get through the painful first weeks.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-18-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: please do not post other forum websites

Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

since1999 HB User

PerPlexed79: awesome post. thanks alot.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
(male)

Tartarus HB User

Hi PerP, any news on or update on your condition?
I'm quite interested as I'm suffering with exactly the same issues

Closed Thread